• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black vehicle wax...ever hear of or use this product ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black vehicle wax...ever hear of or use this product ?

topoftheline.com/black-wax-carnauba [edited for commercial link; 2hotford]
    HammerDown

Colored Waxes - Do they really work?

They arent toally useless, when you tell a customer that the body panel that has paint chips/scratches should be repainted and they cant afford it. You can use it to "fill small chips" because instead of leaving a white color like most waxes, it leaves a black color so it is easier on the eyes, but NOT a fix for the problem.

Comment

repo makes a point, Joe aka SuperiorShine has made this point also in the past, and that is if the product dries black, then you could benefit if it leaves wax in the rock chips by hiding them versus wax that dries white.

Of course a black crayon will do the job for a lot less than $30.00

Here's these of course...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

A colored magic marker also works. I'm guilty of this.

Kelly
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Colored waxes were a cheap fix for old, checked lacquer paints.

In high school, a friend showed me a trick to getting wax out of the cracks in the paint on his '83 Cutlass Ciera. It was dark red metallic. He'd wax with red-tinted wax, then wipe with a piece of short, tight napped carpet. That's right, wipe with carpet. It would pull the extra wax right out of the cracks. His finish looked....well.....sorta' red when he was done.
          See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Well I've learned something new tonight. Black crayon for the chips.

What about using a Fine Tipped Sharpie in small chips?
            Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
            Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete-FWA
              Colored waxes were a cheap fix for old, checked lacquer paints.

... He'd wax with red-tinted wax, then wipe with a piece of short, tight napped carpet. That's right, wipe with carpet...
              I can't imagine the scratches this left behind

Thanks for the feedback...
              I still like the protection and deep wet shine M21 leaves on my Black Vehicle. However the smallest pin head chips really do stand right out even when touched up with a magnifying glass and pin head of paint.
              HammerDown

Comment

The manufacture was good enough to send me a small sample...however after 2 applications (in a test area), I can't see any reason to purchase any. It didn't hide/fill slight swirls any better than my M21.
                *I must add that it was quite cold when I applied this product soooo maybe it really didn't cure all the way.
                *At this time no real stone chips...so I can't offer any info there.
                One thing I notice, not only does this wax look like fudge...but it also smelled like it...lol...but I ain't tasting it!

I appreciate ANY manufacture that is willing to send out a test sample of their product to a consumer. Way too much marketing hype out there now ah day's.
                HammerDown

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');