• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter now I need QEW!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter now I need QEW!!!!

Well I am going to have to end up ordering some qew I have a car cover and salty roads here in md so car has to be clean hose is froze. I dont let the road salt cake up on the car I have been going to the coin-op but thats a hassle long lines and the stuff people do there to their cars makes me cringe. Since using the cover (covercraft weathershield) I love it my car is almost always clean (with help of ccd and #34).

I will be ordering qew I need to know what are the best products to use. I have sheepskin mits but i read on autopia most people use a mf for washing. So what would be the best products to use with this product. I have 2 watermagnets 2superterrys costco mf (around30) 2 ultimate wipes and a ss chamois. I was thinking a ultraplush wash mit cause it would hold more than a mf and grab grime from paint better than a mf. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated sorry about llong post. Thanks Greg.

I've been reading a lot of threads on Autopia about QEW as well as I just bought some. However, the impression I got was that sheepskin mitts were the preferred washing tool not Microfiber towels.

I think a sheepskin mitt or two, two buckets, grit gaurd, and your water magnets and you'll be all set. Of course some QEW and warm water too.

Comment

QEW is great! Here is my process, highly reccomended too!

What you will need:

-2 buckets (gritguards are nice but not required)
      -as many quality sheepskins as you own (try to stray away from synthetic mitts
      -any QD / waterless wash (poorboys S+W)
      -QEW
      -A couple waffle weave towels

PROCESS

Fill up 2 buckets
      - wash bucket
      - 2 oz of QEW, 1 once qd, 2 gallons of water

- rinse bucket
      - 2 oz QEW, 2 gallons water

I like to use my foam gun to presoak the vehilce and nock of some ice chunks but its not necessary by any means.

1. Place ALL sheepskins into the rinse bucket and let them soak.

2. spray some qd or even better a waterless wash on the panel to be cleaned

3. wring out one mitt and dip it into the wash bucket, let the excess water drip out of the mitt into the wash bucket, dont need a soaking mitt!

4. Place the QEW'd mitt directyly on the paint and SLOWLY move it forward to backwards. DONT scrub. Let the chemical do the work.

5. Put the mitt into the rinse bucket and clean out, I clean the mitt after every panel and sometimes every half panel. I will do about 3-4 panels before I will swith mitts.

6. Take one Waffle Weave and DAB the surface, you dont want to drag the towel on the surface or buff, that will create swirls. Take the second mf and dab again uuntil dry. I usually dry the car in quarters rather then after every panel (heated garage helps there)

7. repeat this procedure for each panel, making sure to do the area below the knees last (obviously!).

8. You can do a final QD after the QEW to remove any streaking or leftover water on the car.

I love QEW and dont think i could live without it. I thought it woudl just create crazy swirls but when you follow the directions and steps listed above it should not creat any marring.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Greg
      Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

I think that Greg's procedure would be about the best you could follow to avoid marring. I have used both quality chenille and sheepskin mitts and have not noticed a difference. I also have had good luck with Meguiar's Ultra Plush mitt.

A big "however" --- However, I do not use QEW if the surface of my truck is mudcaked or covered with heavy salt and/or grime. I go to the coin-op first and then use the QEW at home in my garage.

I love the stuff in the winter.

Tom

Comment

Again, I'll throw out this link:

That is the method I've been following ever since my first QEWing experience, and it has NEVER failed me.

Comment

Thats alot of great info I was mainly concerned because I heard that the sheepskin mits tend to just lossen the dirt and leave it on the paint to be rinsed away. But since it seems to be ok well i a gonna place an order soon. Can anyone give me advice on how much I should order. Could anyone give me an idea how many washes u get out of a bottle and what size. Thanks. Greg.

Comment

well I would order a gallon, The way I do it, I use 4 oz. per wash. Just figure how many washes you do and decide from there.

FWIW i have 2 gallons right now but I got a good deal on them, I didnt really need 2.

Greg
              Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by gregcavi
                well I would order a gallon, The way I do it, I use 4 oz. per wash. Just figure how many washes you do and decide from there.

FWIW i have 2 gallons right now but I got a good deal on them, I didnt really need 2.

Greg
                4 ounces?! Wow.... that's alot of QEW. I use maybe two capfulls (an ounce?) per wash.

Comment

Where can I find this QEW?Im just wondering if you go to the trouble of using this stuff why not just use soap and water with a good rinse from a flower watering device.(Bucket or garden sprayer)Im not trying to be rude just want to be educated on this QEW stuff. I ask because it seems this stuff might cause more harm than good to the paint surface.Ex. marring ,cobwebs scratches.Becuse there is no prerinse.If the car is not that dirty couldnt you just cut Last touch with water to lightly clean the vehicle?Educate me please?
                  2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                  Show Car Detail

Comment

Yes, what is the QEW?
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Dragpakmach
                      Where can I find this QEW?Im just wondering if you go to the trouble of using this stuff why not just use soap and water with a good rinse from a flower watering device.(Bucket or garden sprayer)Im not trying to be rude just want to be educated on this QEW stuff. I ask because it seems this stuff might cause more harm than good to the paint surface.Ex. marring ,cobwebs scratches.Becuse there is no prerinse.If the car is not that dirty couldnt you just cut Last touch with water to lightly clean the vehicle?Educate me please?
                      Read the info in the link I provided before. It explains alot of what you're asking about.

I've NEVER had a problem with marring, scratches, or anything of that sort because I'm very careful about how I work with it. That's really the most important thing -- take your time, pay attention to what you're doing, and you won't have a problem.

The reason behind the QEW instead of regular soap is that you can use less water, and make less of a mess than dumping water onto the car. The QEW is specially formulated not to cause harm during use in the way we all are describing it.

Check out protectall.com [edited for commercial link; 2hotford] also for more details and background. The product was originally made to wash RVs and vehicles on campgrounds where dumping of dirty water is prohibited.

Comment

Shinylildetailer,thanks for the info.
                        2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                        Show Car Detail

Comment

Well I picked up a gallon of QEW today called some of the dealers listed on their website and ended up driving from baltimore to near the edge of DC in rushhour from a place called qeenstown rv got the gallon for 34 plus tax. Tomorrow I am gonna go to advance and pick up two new shepkin mits and try it out I will post picks if i remember thanks for all the info. Greg.

Comment

you will enjoy it! I woudl get as many mitts as possible. using 4+ mitts isnt crazy no matter what kind of wash but especially with QEW.

let us know how it goes!

Greg
                            Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

What is Qew?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');