• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wooden Table...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Table...

is there a way i can clean this up? i gots some scratches and swirls and what not on it ... i wanted to know if maybe SSR 1 would work or maybe SSR 2.5 without messing up the table haha .. and what would the process be i mean the table is inside the house i cant really wash it heh maybe clay
    Attached Files

You might consider testing any products in a small area before attempting to work on the entire table. (Perform a Test Spot)

1) We're you planning on using a dual action polisher to apply the products?

2) What's the least aggressive product you have?

3) Do you know what kind of finish the table has on it?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

wats SSR? besides the conv. truck thingie...
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        You might consider testing any products in a small area before attempting to work on the entire table. (Perform a Test Spot)

1) We're you planning on using a dual action polisher to apply the products?

2) What's the least aggressive product you have?

3) Do you know what kind of finish the table has on it?
        yes i was going to use a dual action polisher

least agressive product might be DC2

hmm as for finish i have completely no idea my dad was saying it was Cherry wood

also what speed would you recommend

Comment

Originally posted by zaink
          yes i was going to use a dual action polisher

least aggressive product might be DC2
          This is a chemical only paint cleaner, I doubt it will be effective at removing swirls out of the finish on this table, but it might. A better option would be to try our #9 Swirl Remove 2.0 This is a very gentle cleaner/polish.

hmm as for finish i have completely no idea my dad was saying it was Cherry wood
          The table is either lacquer paint, (common), or some type of polyurethane. If it's lacquer paint it should be very soft and thus very easy to polish swirls and scratches out of with a product like #9 Swirls Remover 2.0

If it's a polyurethane type finish, then the best thing to do would be to test a product like the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 and see if it works, if not you can always substitute a more aggressive product.

As for the Poorboy's SSR products, I have them, I have used them and I would suggest only doing a test spot to a small area an then inspect in good light. Always make sure you can make a small area look good with your choice of products and procedures before attempting to work on the entire finish.

also what speed would you recommend
          For removing defects you usually want to be in the 4.0 to 5.0 range leaning towards the 5.0 range depending on how hard the finish is and how deep the defects are.

You really want to test some product combinations and some speed settings in a small area before machine applying anything to the entire table. Make sure you can make one small area look good from beginning to end, i.e. polishing to waxing, before working on the entire finish. Dial your system down in one area and then cookie-cutter it over the rest of the table.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey, I have that exact table! I have only used furniture polish on mine...not like the coffee table that I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on....

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');