• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 Proof of Water Beading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 Proof of Water Beading

It's been almost 4 weeks since I last washed my car and when I applied M21. I do maintain with NXT Speed Detailer, although lately this has only been once every few days. My MINI is garaged. I hit it with a pressure washer and within seconds the water beaded up like this.

Click the link below to see a Flash Animated version of the same thing. Note it's not realtime, as these were still pictures put together in slide show format. But the time it took was within seconds. It happened faster than I could hit it with water, then grab a camera and fire off pix!

WATER BEADING ANIMATION
    Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    toll free: 866 707 9292

Like the animation! Very nice!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Umm...why do you need to "prove" anything...4 weeks garaged doesn't seem like an extreme test. I would hope almost any product would last 4 weeks garaged in a SoCal winter...

Comment

Nice pix Richard!

I have found that M21 lasts pretty long. I have M21 on the vette and am really pleased with it's durability.
        -Bob
        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

True it doesn't prove a thing except that M21 is still on my car. But it's a daily driver, and with the NXT durability thread of people stating it only lasts 1 day, I thought I'd take some photos of the next time I washed my MINI, and showed that M21 is still there doing it's job.

But on the other hand, I never claimed it was an extreme test, or anything about durability, now did I?

As for a SoCal winter, what's that?
          Ok the coldest we've had is 47 to 50 degrees, and we've had some rain, but not much.

As for the animation--thanks guys! Its more convincing see the photos in motion than just looking at the still pix.

Richard

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
          Umm...why do you need to "prove" anything...4 weeks garaged doesn't seem like an extreme test. I would hope almost any product would last 4 weeks garaged in a SoCal winter...
          Richard Lin
          ShowCarDetailing
          5548 E. La Palma Ave
          Anaheim, CA 92807
          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

On a real word car (mine) out side every day and Metallic Black...When I used/tried my NXT (spray) over M21 within a few short days it killed both the water beading and also lost the super slick feel M21 has. Actually it was like when I 1'st tried my NXT paste...after afew short days or one good down pour the surface seemed like there was nothing on it at all, or very little of anything.

M21 rocks
            HammerDown

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');