• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOFTBUFF™ Cutting Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOFTBUFF™ Cutting Pad

What exactly would you use the SOFTBUFF™ Cutting Pad for the Porter cable polisher? Will it help to remove fine scratches/swirls or is it something only for the proffessional to use?

Right now I have the finish and polishing pad.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

The most aggressive pad thatI would recommed for that type of machine would be the W8006 Soft Buff Polishing Pad. The cutting pad is designed for use with a rotary buffer. Because this machine is a dual action polisher, it can not fenerate the speed and heat needed to utilize this more aggressive pad.

What product are you thinking of using with this pad?

Regards,
    Tom

Comment

I was curious what it was used for, I didn't know if I could benefit from it or not. Anyone who has the PC never seems to mention them just the finishing or polishing pad.

I thought I might have been using the wrong pad for the paint cleaning (medallion) step I have been using the polishing pad.
      Brandon

Comment

WOW.. Nice spelling on that last thread I sent you..

That pad W7006 is too agressive for the type of machine you are using. The W8006 and W9006 pads are all that you will need. And with the Medallion Paint Cleaner the polishing pad is perfect..

Comment

Thanks for the help just what I wanted to know!
          Brandon

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');