• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laptop LCD Screen?How to clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop LCD Screen?How to clean?

I just received a brand new laptop for Christmas. I would like to know what Meguiar's product would work the best to clean the 15.4 inch LCD widescreen. I was thinking of using Meguiar's Interior Detailer with a microfiber cloth. Any other suggestion's would be welcomed.

u can use NXT GLASS CLEANER to clean any glasses ....

and for labtop ...u can use NXT TECH WAX PASTE to clean laptop outside

and good luck

samer al-shurafa

Comment

Re: Laptop LCD Screen?How to clean?

Originally posted by George Wax
      I was thinking of using Meguiar's Interior Detailer with a microfiber cloth.
      That sounds like the way to go to me. If you want to be safe, and it's just dust, etc., you can try just a (water) dampened MF towel, just be very gentle.

Comment

I wouldn't use anything other than a damp MF towel like above. I'd never use any glass cleaners on a computer screen. Most have an anti-glare coating which could be removed by the chemicals in a glass cleaner.
        -Dennis/FromThisSoil

If anyone is in need of a company logo or flier design, don't hesitate to ask for help.
        I can accommodate any budget.
        To see a few samples of my work just PM me.

Comment

I've found that for laptop screens (or any LCD screen, really) a damp MF is the best. If you need a little extra cleaning power, you can spot-clean any stubborn fingerprints/etc. with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball. Follow this up with another wipe-down with your damp MF.

Just to be thorough, too, about samer's post: Your laptop is made of plastic; you do NOT want to use wax on it. If anything, you could use Natural Shine, Hyper Dressing, etc. on it; though I'd recommend not messing with that part of it.

Comment

Um...I thought QID was recommended for electronics (which it is), but it doesn't say anything about laptop or LCD screens, so I would stick with the water or mfr. recommendation until someone is the guinea pig for QID on an LCD!

Comment

Plexus
              Whats my color? Color X

Comment

MF with Monster LCD screen cleaner it is designed for them and is thick enough not to run after you spray. But still never spray the screen just the cloth we had a guy at work spray the screen directly and ruined the connector to the LCD panel causing $600 damage to a brand new Sony widescreen. NEVER let any liquid run down the screen enough to get under neath....
                Dean and Rena
                SoCal New Beetle Club
                '00 Cybergreen GLS "Nessie"
                '03 Blue Lagoon Color Concept 1.8t "Blue Thunder"
                Webmaster Http://www.socalnbc.org

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunder
                  MF with Monster LCD screen cleaner it is designed for them and is thick enough not to run after you spray. But still never spray the screen just the cloth we had a guy at work spray the screen directly and ruined the connector to the LCD panel causing $600 damage to a brand new Sony widescreen. NEVER let any liquid run down the screen enough to get under neath....
                  Ouch!

Good advice!
                  r. b.

Comment

Don't use anything with either alcohol or ammonia.

The safest thing to use is something designed specifically for the purpose.

I use Kensington screen guardian on both my laptop screen and the display screen on my 2005 Prius. I use Kensington surface guardian lint-free cloths, spray the guardian on and then wipe. It is safe on the keys and exterior of the laptops as well.
                    It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

I use Klear Screen

Works well and is recommended by most computer makers.
                      Jim
                      My Gallery

Comment

a MF towel lightly misted with some h20...
                        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Originally posted by Godiva
                          Don't use anything with either alcohol or ammonia.
                          Any particular reason to stay away from alcohol or ammonia? I've personally never seen a problem using IPA as a spot-treat cleaner.... though I can see where perhaps as a general sprayed-on cleaner it might cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by RCBuddha
                            a MF towel lightly misted with some h20...
                            Yeah, that works wonders.

I used that combo at school in 2003 when I took a pc course....It seems like people can't resist touching the screen.
                            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
                              Any particular reason to stay away from alcohol or ammonia? I've personally never seen a problem using IPA as a spot-treat cleaner.... though I can see where perhaps as a general sprayed-on cleaner it might cause problems.
                              Because it depends on what you've got.

For instance, you don't want to use alcohol or ammonia on the screen of an Apple Titianium Powerbook. You also don't want to use it to clean the outside white plastic of an iBook.

Without knowing exactly what you're dealing with it's safest to stay away from both.

A computer screen is a computer screen whether it is on my laptop or my car. It's not glass so I'm not using ammonia. (And you kow what that does to tinted windows.) I know alcohol is bad for my laptop screen so I'll assume it's bad for the car display too. To clean the display screen on my Prius I use what I use to clean the screen of my laptop. A product designed for that purpose.

When you start using products for things outside of what they are specifically designed for you take a chance. I wouldn't take a chance on the screen in my car. It's too expensive to replace if I mess it up.

Speaking of the inside of my car...I stay away from all Armor-all products as they seemed to be bad for the dash and door plastic. I got some Meguiar's interior wipes and will be using them.

And speaking of using products for what they are designed for...I don't wash the car with Dawn dish washing detergent either. I use Meguiar's car shampoo. And I use a Meguiar's microfiber towel, not an old T-shirt.
                              It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');