• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT over Deep Crystal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT over Deep Crystal?

This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer...

I have finished detailing my (very red) car using Deep Crystal 2 and 3.

It turns out that my car might be used in a magazine photo shoot so I'd like to give it another coat of wax right before.

My question is what should I use. I've got both NXT and #3, both liquid. Any opinion if there would be a difference?

And should you even use NXT on top of #3?

Would there be anything else recommended for my final step?

Thanks.

Paul

I personally dont use the dc line, but i would suggest doing a small test spot.

do a small section of the trunk lid and see if that yields improved results with a side by side comparison

Comment

Like Five Star said.... try a test spot. I have used DC#3 may times and like it, but IMO NXT is a better product, leaving better deeper/wetter looking results.

Red is a good canidate for NXT.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I never used NXT, But I would have used nxt before DC3 because it's a sealer.Usually people put a sealer on first then a wax. Anyway,I think that because nxt has a tiny amount of cleaners it will sit on top of DC3.Then after another 24 hours either put on another coat of nxt or find or borrow 26 wax it's great on red and black cars.By the way what kind of car is this, and who is coming to take pics of your car.

Comment

Two coats of NXT= Awesome. It always looks better 24 hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn2
            I never used NXT, But I would have used nxt before DC3 because it's a sealer.Usually people put a sealer on first then a wax. Anyway,I think that because nxt has a tiny amount of cleaners it will sit on top of DC3.Then after another 24 hours either put on another coat of nxt or find or borrow 26 wax it's great on red and black cars.By the way what kind of car is this, and who is coming to take pics of your car.
            Yea, I'm a little concerned about exactly what you said.

BTW, it's a 93 MR2:

Someone from Hemmings Sports and Exotic is suppose to shoot some pics in January. I hope it works out. If not, it's going to be so clean that I won't want to drive it! (But you guys know how THAT is, eh?)

Comment

One ave that you could take is to use a glaze over your DC3 like show car glaze #7 or 81 hand polish. 7 can be found in stores but can be a bear to take off you might look around the site for details on taking it off.It is worth the effort. 81 is made for Clear coats and is easier to take off.But is a little harder to find since you would have to go to a PBE store to get it. Using a glaze on top of a wax will not last but it will leave a super shine for the show.

Comment

Hey,

If you going on a photo shoot, my suggestion would be to use 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax. Allow overnight between coats, then apply Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze right before the photo shoot. The #7 will make the paint look wet!! Many people that go to car shows will top their LSP with the #7. The #7 when used on top of the LSP will not last long, but it does add that extra for the show.

The other choice, if your paint is in excellent condition, is to use #9 Swirl Remover, followed my #7 Show Car Galze and then 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax. This combo I have used on many many vehicles and just love the glossy, deep rich look!

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for all the tips. What a great forum!

As suggested above, I did a little test and tried NXT and #3 (paste). Keep in mind this was already on top of #2 and #3 (liquid).

I really didn't notice much of a difference - I don't know if it is my imagination, but it looks like the NXT may have hid the fine swirl marks a bit better - it might just be the particular section I did.

You know, I actually have some #7. Should I really use that on top of the NXT? I did a search as suggested and it looks like the keys with #7 is that the car be very clean (which is is) and that it is removed quickly. Anything else I should watch?

To tell you the truth, the car looks so great in the sun that I'm going blind staring at it!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');