• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plastic cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic cleaner

how does the two step cleaner & polish in the pro line compare to plastix? are they the same on the abrassive scale? I know plastix breaks down as you use it, is that the difference, or generally are they completly different?
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

I was considering the same question. Whats the difference between:
    1) the pro combination of #17 plastic cleaner and #10 plastic polish
    2) #18 plastic detailer
    3) plastX

What works best and what are your favourites ?

Comment

i haven't had a chance to use plastix, but i know from experience that the 10/17 combo works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
        i haven't had a chance to use plastix, but i know from experience that the 10/17 combo works wonders.
        plastix is a great product as well, I just have a few markings that I'm finding alittle too tough for it.

I think plastic detailer is just for touch ups...like glass cleaner for plastic, but I'm probably wrong so hopfully someone can clear it up.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

no ones compared the two?
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

The #17 / #10 combo is a great two-step process and has been around for years. It has genarally been accepted as the 'tried and true' process for enthusiasts all over the world.

#17 Clear Plastic Cleaner can be utilized to remove surface imperfections (like hairline scratches) from all types of clear plastic including computer screens, convertible windows, helmet visors, motorcycle windscreens and displays/instrument panels.

#10 Clear Plastic Polish will safely restore optical clarity to all clear plastics and leave a static-free coating that repels dust. You can also use this product on acrylic and polycarbonate surfaces.

Plastix is the best of both worlds rolled into one bottle.

Both products have received huge raves across the boards with folks that deal with plexiglass and clear plastic type products. I've personally read accounts where the two-step combo have brought back rear plexi windows on Boxster's and other high end sports cars.

Either way you go, I think you'll be extremely happy!

RP

I personally saw a windscreen that Mike Phillips sanded with 2000 grit (I think it was 2000) and then followed it with Plastix to remove the scuffing caused by the sandpaper. In short, the windshield area where the Plastix was applied looked BRAND NEW.
            -The Final Detail-
            Lagrange, Kentucky
            thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
            CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Hey,

The Meguiar's Cleaner and separate Polish are a great combo. I have used them on all kinds of plastic with very good success. But, my favorite has to be the PlastX. The key to using the PlastX is to work the product until it is almost gone. Here is a link to a review I did on SCG:

Here is a before of my gauge cluster:

and, after using Meguiar's Plastx:

Cheers!
              Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

wow!
                thanks guys maybe I wasn't working it as long as I should of, I'll give it another go.
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

Hey 2000,

Yep, using a MF, really work it in until it is almost gone! I know you will be pleased!!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

thanks from me also.

thanks for the before and after pic 2hotford. now thats what i call crystal clear.

I am placing my order right now for some plastX

Comment

Well the PlastX arrived and I can honestly say I was not disappointed, quite the opposite. fantastic

After wiping it off I did notice however that it leaves a very static charge. Is there anything that can be done to neutralise this ?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');