• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Christmas Detail - Silver Acura MDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Christmas Detail - Silver Acura MDX

In addition to the Christmas Detail - Acura TL, I also detailed my fathers MDX. The vehicle is about 2 years old and the finish was in very good condition, much better than the TL's. My father washed it, I clayed the lower portion of the door to remove some tar. The rest of the vehicle didn't need any clay. On to #80 and 2 coats of NXT, one 12+ hours after the first.

Sorry no before shots.

Here was my process:
    1. Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    2. Clay... only on the lower panels to remove tar.
    3. Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    4. #80 Speed Glaze with PC/8006
    5. NXT Generation Tech Wax with PC/9006 (2 coats, one 12+ hours after the first)

I also applied some:
    - #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel to a few trim pieces
    - Gold Class Endurance on the tires

Its hard to see in the photos but the silver metallic really popped out after all was done.

Now I just need to convince my dad to get a PC so HE can do this. He is slowly getting into better/properly caring for his vehicles finish. He has picked up a some new stuff (NXT Wax, Endurance, wash mitts, a bucket with Grit Guard, Gold Class Soap) but still no PC.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

nice nxt'ng ..

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');