• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 vs M21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M20 vs M21

Recently tried the M20 and was very please with the result. The paint is shiny and surface very smooth. Still need to verify the durability of M20, but I am very please with the result as compare to NXT paste wax. Think will be using M20 in future rather than NXT Paste Wax.

However, just like to ask what is the different between M20 & M21? Is M21 a much improved and better product then M20? Cos in Singapore M21 is not on sales here, you will never find M21 here. Therefore I tested M20 as I not very please with the finishing of NXT paste wax.

M20 really give me the smooth feeling and furthermore I personally feel it is easier to apply and bluff M20 compare to NXT paste wax.

Think will stick to M20 in future, unless I ca get hold of M21 and test it out.

I really interested in M21, anyway I can get this?

Thanks for advice.

Re: M20 vs M21

Originally posted by lgs72
    Recently tried the M20 and was very please with the result.

Check out my post on the below link,

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...0&pagenumber=5

As far as getting M21 in Singapore, the first best thing to do is to make your request to your distributor for our Professional Line. If your distributor continually receives requests for this product then they will bring it in.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot.

Hope they will have smaller bottle to offer.

I will write a email to the local distributor.

Thanks so much.

By the way, if M20 has more cleaning agent. Can I use it often, let say every month? Or should I be using NXT Paste wax?

Hope I don't bored you.

Thanks again, Mike

Comment

By the way, if M20 has more cleaning agent. Can I use it often, let say every month? Or should I be using NXT Paste wax?

Hope I don't bored you.

Thanks again, Mike
        You can use products like M20 with a light cleaner everyday if you want to, the amount and strength of the cleaning action is light compared to a regular cleaner/wax like #6 Cleaner/Wax, ColorX or M66.

I've used plenty of #20 in my life, it's an awesome forumula. It's been updated over the yeares whenever technology allowed and it just gets better and better.

I could do some digging and find out how long it's been around but off the top of my head I would say at least 20 years. To have a car wax around in our Professional Line for 20+ years speaks loud and clear about the satisfaction level of our end-users for this product.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks again.

I had applied a layer of M20 on my car last long X'mas weekend and very happy with it.

That the case, I will add an additional layer this New Year long weekend again.

Thanks

Cheers & Happy New Year to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            You can use products like M20 with a light cleaner everyday if you want to, the amount and strength of the cleaning action is light compared to a regular cleaner/wax like #6 Cleaner/Wax, ColorX or M66.

I've used plenty of #20 in my life, it's an awesome forumula. It's been updated over the yeares whenever technology allowed and it just gets better and better.

I could do some digging and find out how long it's been around but off the top of my head I would say at least 20 years. To have a car wax around in our Professional Line for 20+ years speaks loud and clear about the satisfaction level of our end-users for this product.
            I remember using #20 back in the early 80s! So it's been around for awhile! It had great shine and durability back then.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hi lgs72, if I'm not wrong, you definitely can get M21 in Singapore. Of course not on the shelf, but it's available from the distributor in Singapore, should be Hypercoat Enterprise. It comes in 1.89L (64oz) and you might want to share it with your friends.
              zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Hi,

Just emailed the distributer in Singapore.
                Yeah, they have M21 and comes in 64oz..........think that a very big bottle for me, which will last me very very long.
                Just afraid that the sealant will dry up even before I use half of it.

By the way, Mike, is there anyway I can store the M21 for a long time. Myabe keep it in the fridge or some other ways?
                Hope u can advise me on this.

Thanks again

Comment

For tropical weather, it's good enough if you can keep in a cool and dry storeroom. Occasionally shake the bottle is the best you can do.
                  zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Just a update.

Seem like the M20 has better durability than NXT Paste Wax.
                    There is a heavy downpour just now when I am out driving on the road, getting worry that my effort has all gone in the drain.
                    However, after I reached office and parked my car, I immediately feel the paint surface, it is still as smooth as before. M20 hold on very well even in heavy downpour, I am really happy with the much better durability of M20 as compare to NXT Paste wax.

Overall, very satisfied with the M20.

Cheers........cheers.........cheers
                    for such a great sealant

Comment

Just a update.

Seem like the M20 has better durability than NXT Paste Wax.
                      There is a heavy downpour just now when I am out driving on the road, getting worry that my effort has all gone in the drain.
                      However, after I reached office and parked my car, I immediately feel the paint surface, it is still as smooth as before. M20 hold on very well even in heavy downpour, I am really happy with the much better durability of M20 as compare to NXT Paste wax.

Overall, very satisfied with the M20.

Cheers........cheers.........cheers
                      for such a great sealant
                      As far as I can tell both M20 and M21 far out last my NXT Paste >(don't use it anymore).

Been doing a side by side comparison on the hood of my truck now for several weeks.
                      M21 on the drivers side and M20 on the passenger. After some washings, 2 snow storms and some rain...both pretty much neck and neck but with some tighter water beads the slight edge goes to 21.
                      Both products are very good in my book, I'll use the 20 when I want a touch of (cleaning) action. I also notice the M21 fills in slight swirls on my black car very nicely
                      I've also noticed when I applied/tried NXT spray over the M21 it killed the water beading and the slick feel in short time...now I know better
                      HammerDown

Comment

Hi HammerDown,

Thanks for your feedback.
                        I still thinking of using the Spray Wax(Booster Wax) as maintenance. With your advise, think will not even try if it really will affect the M20. I will rather apply another coat of M20. Anyway I still left over quite a bit of the NXT Paste and Spray Wax, think maybe will give away to my friends and just stick to M20.

Will very much like to try M21, once I got it from the Distributer locally.

Thanks alot, HammerDown. Maybe will get some quick detailer for maintenance of the M20.

Comment

Thanks alot, HammerDown. Maybe will get some quick detailer for maintenance of the M20.
                          I would REALLY like to see M21 in a quick detailer
                          HammerDown

Comment

do you apply #20 by hand or machine? i'm planning to get hold of a bottle of #20, but i don't have any machine. I'm currently using NXT by hand but don't really impressed with its durability. If i'm to apply #20 by hand, would it give better result than NXT by hand. What do you think if i top #20 with NXT?

Comment

Originally posted by megcrazy
                              If i'm to apply #20 by hand, would it give better result than NXT by hand. What do you think if i top #20 with NXT?
                              I apply by hand, and I wouldn't waste my time top coating 20 or 21 with....(anything) especially NXT!

Again for me, the NXT paste by itself only lasted a few short days. Then for the heck of it I tried NXT spray over both 20 and 21...even the NXT spyay seemed to kill the lasting protection/lasting time of both.

I for one don't buy into the top coating of two different products as I'm quite sure they simply BLEND into ONE anyhow.

Stick with 20 or 21 and see for yourself
                              HammerDown

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');