• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 vs M21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Magcrazy,

Me too, I apply M20 by hand. From my experience, it is much easier with M20 them NXT paste wax. If you have apply NXT paste by hand before, you will not have problem with M20 by hand.

Frankly speaking, I will rather put 2 coats of M20 then using NXT paste with M20. Durability really good. I left my car in the rain yesterday and after rain, can still feel the paint surface still smooth. Thereby M20 really outlast NXT paste wax.

Comment

lgs,

In my experience, both #20 and #21 are easy to use and leave a very nice finish. I really couldn't tell a difference (visually) b/w the two, but I'd give #20 a slight edge in removal. Glad the #20 is working for ya, I know I love it too!

Buddha
      Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown
        Again for me, the NXT paste by itself only lasted a few short days. Then for the heck of it I tried NXT spray over both 20 and 21...even the NXT spyay seemed to kill the lasting protection/lasting time of both.

What about Speed Detailer? I just bought a bottle not long ago and i'm really eager to get a bottle of 20. Do you think Speed Detailer will kill the lasting of 20 as well?

Comment

I am thinking of using Speed/Quick Detailer as maintenance as well. Cant be applying M20 so often as well. Anyone can provide feedback or share experience on this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by megcrazy
            What about Speed Detailer? I just bought a bottle not long ago and i'm really eager to get a bottle of 20. Do you think Speed Detailer will kill the lasting of 20 as well?
            I can't comment on the NXT "spray detailer" but if it's anything like the NXT Spray Wax or even the NXT Paste I purchased, I'm not using anything NXT anymore.

You and others may have good results with the NXT line. but myself and others here didn't.

(for now)...M21 and M20 is all I'll use unless they offer a M21 "quick spray"
            HammerDown

Comment

Hi HammerDown,

Really thanks for your advice.
              I dun really think I will be using any NXT also.
              By the way, what about the Quick Detailer or even the quick wax(spray) from Meguair?

I really think the NXT product has different chemical properties as compare to M20 or M21. The NXT may affect the durability of the M20 or M21.

Thanks

Comment

lgs72, I'm thinking of getting a bottle of Speed Detailer this week to maintain my car weekly. Currently I have 3 applications of M21 on my paint.
                zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Hi zey,

Maybe you can update me once you use it.
                  Cos really worry that the speed detailer may affect the M20

Thanks

Comment

Actually I've tried Speed Detailer on M21 before. It instantly provides a sleek surface by just spraying and wiping it. I won't be worry of how much it'll affect the M21 as I apply M21 once every 2-3 weeks time.
                    zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Ive used both and M21 seems to last longer but does take more effort to remove completely.I use Last touch spray detailer on the M21 and it works really well to keep the slickness that everybody loves to touch.
                      2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                      Show Car Detail

Comment

Hi Dragpakmach

Thanks for your advise, really appreciate it.
                        By the way, what is the "Last touch spray detailer"? Do you have any picture of this? I hope I can get this locally in Singapore.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dragpakmach
                          Ive used both and M21 seems to last longer but does take more effort to remove completely...
                          My thinking would be, either you applied it to thick or maybe on a hot surface.
                          For me when applied correctly (thin)...it comes off without any effort.
                          HammerDown

Comment

Speed Detailer has no adverse effect at all on #21 based on my experience. If anything, it adds slickness.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

im so excited according to 2hotford M21 will be avalable in canada very soon!
                              Patrick Yu
                              2003 Honda Accord
                              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Actually #21 is very humidity sensitive.I put it on very thin to save money. The 20 just seems easier to use.in any weather.
                                2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                                Show Car Detail

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');