• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 vs M21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zey
    lgs72, I'm thinking of getting a bottle of Speed Detailer this week to maintain my car weekly. Currently I have 3 applications of M21 on my paint.
    Hi Zey,

I'm from KL too. May I know where can get M21 in KL and what's the price?

Comment

Hi lkylow, you can obtain M21 at the following address...

Hypercoat Enterprise Sdn Bhd
      12 Jalan USj1/1B
      USJ 1 , Subang Jaya
      Subang

Hope this helps.
      zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by Dragpakmach
        Actually #21 is very humidity sensitive.I put it on very thin to save money. The 20 just seems easier to use.in any weather.
        Humidity sensitive? Care to explain that.

I find the M20 gives quite a good finish. N it really clean well too.

Btw any1 to explain which has better cleaning properties; M20 or M21.

N if not mistaken the shine given by M21 is much better rite?

Comment

Originally posted by Toalson

Actually M20 cleans a (bit) more then M21...I have both. Great products.
          HammerDown

Comment

Re: M20 vs M21

I have been using M20 since 1988 and it simply works awesome on everything from boats, semi trucks, golf carts and all types of paint. It is the longest lasting and most durable sealant I have ever come across. I hope Meguiars continues this for a long time. I think a lot of detailers did not use it for the price but it is well worth it.
            2006 Chevy 2500HD CC 4X4/ Cognito 6"lift/LBZ
            2006 Yamaha Rhino SE
            2006 Harley Davidson Street Glide/94' Ultra LX/502

Comment

Originally posted by Toalson View Post

In high humidity and/or cold weather, the M21 can take a lot longer to haze over. If you try to remove it to soon it may streak.

Yes is does give a great shine, lots of depth, and is very durable.

You should also try #20 topped with #21! It is a great combination!

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
                ...You should also try #20 topped with #21! It is a great combination!
                RamAirV1
                With all due respects, I don't understand or buy into the whole "topper" thing.
                I would imagine two similar products will just blend into one coat anyhow.
                No convincing me two won't simply blend into one. Especially since (most) have a very mild cleaner as I think #20 does.

I feel people are kidding themselves if their thinking their building multiple coats of anything for the purpose of protection.

*My thinking is... the only purpose a second coat of Wax etc provides is > to maybe cover a spot you missed the first time.
                Last edited by HammerDown; Mar 7, 2007, 09:15 AM.
                HammerDown

Comment

Others and myself have seen less dust buildup if NXT paste is used on top of #21. I don't believe in adding coat after coat after coat though. After 2 or maybe 3 coats the law of diminishing returns kicks in.

#21 has very little cleaning action, less than #20. I would not use #20 as a topper for that reason. OTOH many have used #20 over #7 or #81 and nobody has mentioned or complained about the #20 cleaners removing the #7or #81.

Of course you could always top #20 with #26 which has zero cleaners in it.

I don't miss any spots when applying an LSP so that would not be a reason for me to apply a second coat.

RamAirV1
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
                    Others and myself have seen less dust buildup if NXT paste is used on top of #21.

RamAirV1
                    NXT with 21...why? You're just killing the 21 at least this is what happened on my Black car.
                    For me NXT didn't last 1/4 of the the time M21 does when it came to the Suns burning hot heat raising the temps on the painted Black surface.

M21 justs seems to lasts and lasts.
                    HammerDown

Comment

I ll try to explain my old post.#21 takes longer to cure than 20.It has to be put on very thin to come off easy.20 has cleaners in it where 21 is purely a sealant.21 supercedes any other wax or sealant out there.Hope this helps.
                      2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                      Show Car Detail

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown View Post
                        NXT with 21...why? You're just killing the 21 at least this is what happened on my Black car.
                        For me NXT didn't last 1/4 of the the time M21 does when it came to the Suns burning hot heat raising the temps on the painted Black surface.

M21 justs seems to lasts and lasts.
                        I agree that #21 lasts longer than NXT, no question! But the NXT does not kill the #21 at all in my experience. I do allow at least a full 24 hours of cure time before I put anything else on top of the #21. If necessary I will wait until the next weekend to use any other LSP. The cleaners in NXT don't really do much of anything noticeable IMHO.

The paint does seem to attract less dust when the NXT Paste is used. Now if the NXT is applied to early after the #21, before it has a chance to cure, I can see where that could be a problem.

RamAirV1
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');