• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Definition of Slow Arm Movement using the DA/PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Definition of Slow Arm Movement using the DA/PC

Hey,

Sometimes on here we talk about Slow Arm Speed while using the DA/PC. So, sometimes, slow is a matter of prospective to each of us.

So, I developed a version I used to determine a more universal way for others to adapt to it.

Now, maybe my method is too slow or too fast for the definition of "Slow Arm Movement" but we can adjust this now by adding or deleating seconds: So, the following is how I forsee "Slow Arm Movement" using the DA/PC:

Using your right arm, cross it in front of you to your left side, almost like a clock where both hands are on the "9". Now slowly move your right arm to the "#3" position on the (mental clock in your head) clock (aka 180 Deg). Using a timer that meassures seconds, you should move from start (the #9) to finish (the #3), in about 8-10 seconds. When you get it to work out, there is your slow speed arm movement.

If most of you agree with this, let me know. Also, if it is off by seconds, I will edit it and that way, we will now see what Slow Arm Movement is. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Now if I am thinking like some of the clocks in my home some are faster than the others so the timing might be off...LOL Just kidding, I think the way you are putting it forth is a great visual example that people can use. You might even say that you could go the speed of the "seconds" hand of an actual clock since that is a decent pace. Maybe just slightly faster though. Just from reading this I am sure the next time I use the DA I will be thinking about this technique..
    Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
    2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

That doesn't sound far off, really. I don't think I usually go quite that slow, but then again I tend to work product into the panels a little farther than most folks do.

Comment

BJClarke001.... Really give a good idea of arm speed, its easy to set the speed on the PC, but I don't have a dial on my arms to set their speed.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

hmm i think im too conservitive to try a rotary! im really happy with the results that i get with my DA PC i would really hate to get burned paint
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');