• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soap in rinse bucket-two bucket wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap in rinse bucket-two bucket wash?

How many of you put shampoo in your rinse bucket when doing a two bucket wash. I have found that when I use plain water as a rinse, I pretty well dilute the shampoo in the wash bucket.

I know -- I could ring out my mitt or brush, but life is short (especially when you are over sixty).

Tom

nope one bucket with wash solution and the other Just plane water
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I have never seen that done but when I try to think about it there does seem to be some logic to it on how since the washing tool would constantly have soap in it that it would not really dilute your wash bucket as much since the shampoo in the rinse bucket would help in breaking down that dirt before going back into your wash bucket. Make sense because I think I just lost myself there
      Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
      2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

if i was to do that i would have to label the buckets ADHD lol probably a good idea tho ill give it a try sometime
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Nope no shampoo in the rinse bucket. I really don't see benefit plus I save more wash solution
          ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

I put a small amount of soap in the rinse bucket....can't hurt can it?

Comment

Wont hurt anything .
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                if i was to do that i would have to label the buckets..
                Since the shampoo being transferred to the rinse water *can* make it pretty soapy, I use a spring clamp on the rim of my rinse buckets to ID them. If you use shampoo mix as clay lube, the "V" of the spring clamps (right above the springs) can be a handy place to stick a wad of clay too, that way you'll always have it in case you find that you need to do a little gentle spot-claying.

If my wash solution gets diluted I just add a little more shampoo...it's not like you need a carefully measured mix.

And I switch to a fresh mitt if I think it's getting soiled; I'd rather not trust that all the dirt is getting rinsed out. Only takes one tiny particle of abrasive dirt to mar a panel, and then you're looking at repolishing, redoing the LSP, etc. etc.
                Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I think that when my trucks are dirty enough to use the two bucket method. I'll use equal amounts of shampoo in both the rinse and the wash buckets. Why? If we are counting on the shampoo for both its detergent action *and* its lubricity, it makes sense to me to have a consistent mixture for the whole wash process.

I think that shampoo in the rinse water is especially necessary when using Meg's brushes. They hold a tremendous amount of liquid. You are bound to bring a considerable amount of plain water to the rinse water if you do not add shampoo to the rinse.

Quality shampoos are darned inexpensive compared to what we have spent on other detailing supplies and accessories.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');