• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 Swirl Remover, your thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9 Swirl Remover, your thoughts...

What do you guys think of #9 Swirl Remover does it work well? I am sure it has its limits but I have never used it and I might give it a try on a vehicle. Does it do 2 steps clean and polish?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Hey GB387!

I've used the #9 with my PC and a 8006 pad several times. Even though it is rated a 3 on the agressive scale I do not think it is a strong as the #82 Swirl Free Polish. It does do a great job of removing very light surface scratches and contains A LOT of polishing oils. I will usually go right from #9 to my sealant stage. I think if you have some very fine swirls and the paint is in otherwise great condition that it is an excellent product that cuts out the need for a polishing stage.

Attached is a pic of one of my customers cars that I use #9 followed by Gold Class wax on once a month....this month I'm going to use NXT on it.
    Attached Files
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
    Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
    ASC# 1,575
    406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Comment

how is # 9 to apply and remove?
      Brandon

Comment

It's been a while since I used #9. I agree, mostly polish. You can use it by hand, but it does a much better job by machine. It's a bit of work to get off, but as long as your using a microfiber it isn't so bad.
        Later,
        Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
        Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

The main reason people tend to think #9 is hard to remove is because they leave it on too long or work it in until it dries out. It is meant to be wiped off while it is still wet.

It works best if you pick a 2x2 section work it in but, don't let it completely dry and then wipe it off. Move on to the next section and repeat.
          Last edited by rjstaaf; Feb 12, 2004, 04:27 PM.
          Bob
          2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
          Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

rjstaaf... might have told you this but that is a good looking red on your car, good looking car too. I am not a big red guy but man that looks nice!
            Brandon

Comment

gb387,

Thanks, nice looking L you have! Have you seen the new 5.4 aluminum block by Sean Hyland? You can order it with a 3.75" bore which works out to 6.0L.
              Bob
              2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
              Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');