• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the power of the clay bar in white paint (nissan platina)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the power of the clay bar in white paint (nissan platina)

This is a White nissan platina 2002 that belongs to my aunt, that I haven't seen in a while. And when she came to visit us and I saw her car . It was very oxidized, so I offered to detail her car. She said that nothing could be done but I knew better so I showed her the power of meguiar's quik clay .

I didn't take many pictures, because at that time I only took photos to show the difference to her, but since my post of a red cavalier http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...threadid=10384 I decided that is fun to share.

Here is a shot of the roof

This is the trunk half clayed, I know that white is a hard color to show any difference in photos, but if you look closely you can see the reflections in the right side and a little circular spot in the left side.

Here is a side of the car I clayed the upper part

This is after removing some paint transfer ( I think that's the term)
    I was surprised how well the clay removed this

Here is a a shot of the roof after claying and some polishing
    Last edited by The Doctor detailer; Jan 3, 2006, 10:30 AM.
    ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Looks good.... definitely looks "whiter"
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

My son bought a white 1989 Dodge Dynasty with his graduation money. I figured I would shine it up a bit and clayed the car. My clay was about on it's last leg but the car looked so much whiter after claying. Used the Megs cleaner/wax afterwards and he was amazed. Clay is great stuff. I also clayed the windows....what a difference!
      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Owning a white crewcab, I can appreciate the effort you put in, even if (like mine) it's hard as heck to get great pictures that show the dramatic improvement ...
        Wait until she see's it in full daylight...
        Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
        08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
        98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
        82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Buen trabajo. I have a 3M clay bar. It works fine, I buy it because my car had something like a paint overspray ( but I think It was from a tree that this in my girlfriend's house ) . I was very surprised for the results. I use it every time I'm going to wax my car.

Now (that I discovered Meguiars) I'm going to try quik clay

Comment

Hey! My car is just like that one! But mine is silver metallic!

Nice job BTW!

Alex
            Mandarina Racing

Comment

great job you could have used DC1 on the paint transfer though ...i did it a few days ago on my accords mirror
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');