• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autopians at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autopians at Meguiar's!

Meguiar's would like to welcome our guests from the Autopia Detailing Discussion Forum for a three days of fun, training and a Detail Day at Meguiar’s!

Our guests flew in Wednesday afternoon and evening so that we could get an early start on Thursday Morning! First thing in the morning, a Chauffeured Limousine picks us up as we head to Jay Leno’s Garage for a private tour!

Pictured from left to right,

Jimamary, Rjstaff, Scottwax, Mike Phillips, Rdarwa, SqkyKln, Superior Shine, and Aurora4O

First stop, Jay Leno's Garage for a private tour of his car collection. We were asked to not take photos of his collection, which we honored, that said; here we are for a photo outside of one of his garages. Yes... that's really his garage, you should see the really cool cars on the other side! (We did!)

After an exciting tour through Jay's car and motorcycle collection, we then went to the Petersen Museum...

Holy coolest car of all time Bat Fans, it's one of the original Batmobiles created by George Barris!

Tomorrow is a full day at Meguiar’s going through Mike Pennington's Professional Training Class, followed by a [b]Detail Day at Meguiar’s for members of Autopia on Saturday!

More to come!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

I love the Peterson museum!! I would have joined you guys on that mission!!

Welcome to you all!!
    Quadruple Honda Owner
    Black cars are easy!

Comment

oh man, how did one go about getting an invite for this!?!?

what a blast!!

Comment

I can't seem to get the Batman Theme song out of my head.....
        "NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA B-A_T_M_A_N!
        "Automotive Detailing with a Passion!"

Comment

I need to move to california.....you guys have all the fun.
          seeing the batmoblie made me wonder....Mike, whats the most popular car you ever detail? anything from movies or tv?
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

LOL, I love that little sign "BAT RAY" over the little light; just in case someone forgot what it was, or maybe to keep the mechanic from saying, "Hey Alfred, what does this... AAARRGH!"

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Just for the record what kind or polish,wax or sealant does Jay Leno and Peterson use on their cars?

Comment

MEGUIARS !
                If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Which Meguiars?

Comment

they have shelves full of product, just like most of us. It depends on what you are trying to achieve what you will use.
                    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Good to see you guys are having fun...That's a great shot of you all!
                      r. b.

Comment

Send me Picture postcards from L.A. to hang on my refrigerator door... I'd love a picture of the California sun

Have funs guys and gals.

Eric
                        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

I just got back home about 90 minutes ago. I had a great time in California and Mike and his wife Lynn are very gracious hosts. They spent a lot of time the last few days making sure we were properly entertained.

I've been using Meguiars products for years and was amazed at how much I learned while I was out there.
                          Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I got back last night as well...all I can say right now is WOW!

More to follow when I get back to reality.

Ronnette

Comment

What a lot learned!

Wow did I ever have fun at this event! And Mike and Lynn are absolutely incredible people. They are the nicest people you could hope to meet and are both very passionate about what they do. With all the amazing cars we saw and stuff we did, seeing Jay's place, the Peterson museum, getting some excellent training from Mike Pennington, and all the good times hanging out with Mike and Lynn, Scott, Jim, Bob, Ronnette, and Joe and Brian, I think the thing that was the most exciting was seeing Mike Phillips working the paint on all these autopians' cars. The way he would examine paint and explain what the problems were, the way he could show how to address them, how the PC can work and how the rotary can work, and mostly just how these folks who already care for their cars a ton could do it better and get more from the products they use was just amazing. He is a real master of detailing. Watching Scott wax from the front of a car by hand, while I started from the rear by PC was awesome. He was already waxing the back 1/4 panel before I'd finished that one section!! It was also awesome to watch Scott, Jim and Brian working on all these cars, helping people out, and just getting the cars to look amazing! You could tell they just loved everything about detailing. It's really something to watch these guys work, and I got a lot from all of them.

If you can ever make it to a Meguiar's detail day, or have the chance to see any of these guys in action, I highly recommend you make sure to attend! It's just so great to see these guys who are so great at it, and who obviously just love doing it! I'll try to post up some pictures I took, but I just wanted to try and express how incredible my last 4 days have been!
                              1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                              2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                              1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');