• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question while wet sanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question while wet sanding

i am wet sanding the flat portion of my rear bumper 94 camaro z28 (artic white) and theres severe runs in the crevise were the bumper meets the tailight filler panel . I removed the filler panel for easier access and started to try to elimate the runs with a 1500 block from megs. One area only 1/2 long may a little smaller i noticed a grayish color as i think i went down to primer . i was using constant flow of 50 water and 50 % #00 wash .And iwas not using exterme force nor was i sanding in one spot for to long . I assume since the painter told me a while ago when i recieved the car from a repaint that he smoothed some runs out. I think i re sanded thats why it was thinner . Will i have any problems since i did this i fixed it with some touch up paint then sanding that down. Any problems i could face in the future as my painter wasnt very good hopefully he didnt sand off to much cleari n other areas any way i can tell ???

Sorry for the long post its just i had the whole rear end repainted for 3 grand there was body damage fixed as well that why it was 3k . I just dont want to mess anything up.
    "A musclecar, by definition, is a powerful and sporty vehicle that must be able to spin its tires at will. The Firebird Trans Am is capable of laying down twin black streaks of rubber several hundred feet long. We wanted to be sure it could, so we did it a half dozen times in the name of automotive science." - Motor Trend

You should be okay, hopefully there are not any bare areas, as in places with white paint and no clear coat over it.

Because it's white, as long as it's in inconspicuous areas no one will likely be able to see or tell a difference. In the future, you might consider looking for a colored wax applicator and while your cleaning, polishing or waxing, be mindful to turn your applicator over and inspect for white pigment. If the clear coat is missing anywhere, as you apply product to these areas chances are good the area will impart some pigment to you applicator.

As long as the underlying panel is coated with something you shouldn't have to worry about the panel deteriorating.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');