• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non- beading wax / polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non- beading wax / polish

This might sound dumb, but why do waxes and polishes make the paint "bead" when it gets wet?

Every time its been windy & dusty and then it rains and the rain dries, it leaves ugly water spots all over the car, which I reckon make it look worse than a car that hasn't been polished / waxed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the result I get from waxing my car and will continue to do it, but is it possible to eliminate the beading??

Oh yeah, while I think about it, how about a product that REPELS dust and dirt (maybe electrostatically?)
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

This came up before, and there once was a "sheeting" wax, but apparently, people really like to see the fruits of their (waxing) labor in the beading.

I agree with you that it would probably be easier to keep the car clean, and with less acid rain etching, but how would you tell when your protection was waning?

Comment

i believe that NXT wash solution contains anti-static agents so i shouldn't matter
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Well, a polish beading water isnt a problem since it shouldnt be on top out in the weather.

I think the sealants, like Nxt, #20/21 sheet a little more than the other Meguiars waxes, but there is still plenty of beading.

I guess the beading is a easy to see indicator of wax protection, which is nice, so at least it isnt a total waste. And if you wash/detail reguarly, acid ran shouldnt be a giant issue, though I dont live in LA, Mexico City, etc.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');