• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyones digital camera use a Memory Stick (Sony)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyones digital camera use a Memory Stick (Sony)?

I just purchased a new Sony Digital Camera, the camera is great but I wasn't about to by more memory from a retail store, they are all way over priced(any brand) so I checked ebay and Amazon.com. I found Amazon is the cheapest w/free ship. but....

Has anyone used the "SanDisk" brand Memory Sick(vs. Sony Brand) in your camera? I was about to order one off Amazon.com but there were many comments on the SanDisk MS getting an error, sometime new out of the package and sometimes after a couple uses it then will no longer work in any device. Anyone have this problem with the SanDisk MS's?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

How much money do you need to save to make it worth losing your pictures?

I don’t have a camera that uses sticks but I tried SanDisk SD cards in mine. They failed quickly, swallowing up some great (and irreplaceable) pix, never to be seen again. That’s an unforgivable sin in my book.

I use Kingston SD and CF cards almost exclusively. Unfortunately they don’t make sticks.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
      How much money do you need to save to make it worth losing your pictures?

I don’t have a camera that uses sticks but I tried SanDisk SD cards in mine. They failed quickly, swallowing up some great (and irreplaceable) pix, never to be seen again. That’s an unforgivable sin in my book.

I use Kingston SD and CF cards almost exclusively. Unfortunately they don’t make sticks.

PC.
      The more I think about it you are right why take a chance, I can still get the Sony version cheaper from Amazon(over retail) I am looking for either a 512 or 1G and that is alot of photos/videos, like you said I would hate to have one loaded up and poof everything is gone from a once in a lifetime trip.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I use a Sony Memory stick on my digital camera purchased back around 2002. top of the line camera.
        I have 2 Sony and 4 aftermarket sticks. 128 mb each. can't think of name at the moment.
        I know a pair of them was IO MAGIC.
        I'll add the other later.
        I got it from Fry's electronics.
        the sticks have never failed me.
        I bought them for a month long trip and it survived the trip.
        I have taken well over 2000 pics on each stick. maybe more. especially what you hear about metal detectors at airports.
        but, I am still using them and I am very happy with them.
        I know I would have prefered the 'Sony" name brand, but at half the price and getting 4 sticks, that was the way to go.

Comment

You may want to consider getting a few smaller cards, rather than one big one. If the big one fails, then all of your photos are gone. With a few smaller ones, hopefully you won't lose all your photos in one go.

We travel internationally every now and again, and we recently switched to exclusively digital. I was concerned with losing photos due to card failure, so I got a digital camera adapter for my iPod. It allows me to transfer photos to the iPod for backup when I don't have access to a computer. It gives me some added protection against card failure.

I have quite a few SanDisk cards, and they have never failed me (touch wood). The latest one I bought was one of their Extreme something... cards.

[soapbox]
          One of the reasons I am not a Sony fan is that they always foist their proprietary stuff on consumers, even when perfectly good or better technology exists. But then again, you pays your money, and you makes your choice.
          [/soapbox]

Comment

Maybe a little off topic, but...

I buy all my household electronics from Newegg. If you google Newegg you should find out they are one of the top choices for computer parts.

I've used them many times and everytime they ship earlier than expected and their customer support is A+++. If you go to Newegg and go under Computer Hardware>Memory>Flash Memory, there should be tons of options, lots of reviews also.

Back on topic, I've use SanDisk and had no problems with them either.

I've found flash memory to be pretty reliable. Rarley have I seen a stick of it fail. After all, they are using it in the newer Ipod's so you know it can be used under grueling conditions.

Comment

actually i like ordering my tech stuff from tigerdirect or ecost NCIX is also good

tigerdirects shipping is pricy for small orders
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I have used SanDisk for all my memory card storage and never had a problem...
                -Dennis/FromThisSoil

If anyone is in need of a company logo or flier design, don't hesitate to ask for help.
                I can accommodate any budget.
                To see a few samples of my work just PM me.

Comment

Never really had a problem with sandisk memory cards. Flash memory is flash memory to me.

I dislike sony's use of proprietary formats when there are just as viable storage formats that work just as good and are cheaper to create.
                  Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                  Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');