• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grease spots on hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grease spots on hood

Let me start by saying my first mistake was bieing the first in line at a carwash. They cleaned the blowers the night before and loose grease was in the blowers and sprayed my car. I 'm in wisconsin and its in the low 30's so I can't do a full detail until spring.
    My question is: How do I remove grease spots (size of thumb tacks), and looks like waterspots off of my hood and winshield. I washed the car two times after the incident at the carwash. I cleaned my winshield with white vinigar an hour ago. Hopefully that will work. OOOO steel wool is the next step for the windshield.
    But what can I do with the hood? With all the snow melted, the grease spots just attract the road dust like a magenet.
    And yes I am going to meet with manager of the carwash. But I would like to walk in with a remedy.
    Thanks, Tim

did you try scratchx or gold class bug and tar remover?

Comment

i would say go to a coin wash

seems a little too risky to use and kind of QD
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

This isn't going to help you but might make you feel better!?!? Anyone had a car wash run into their vehicle? How about with 57 miles on it? Yep that's right 57 miles, I had signed the papers the day before(this was on my current vehicle, the lightning). It was the dealers car wash, ran into the tail gate and scraped the paint right off down to the primer and beyond! Needles to say the dealer took care of it and gave me a "free" bed cover for the little mishap.

ps... didn't want to bring up in the other post as it seemed was a little heated. Pete-FWA you know the one.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          This isn't going to help you but might make you feel better!?!? Anyone had a car wash run into their vehicle? How about with 57 miles on it? Yep that's right 57 miles, I had signed the papers the day before(this was on my current vehicle, the lightning). It was the dealers car wash, ran into the tail gate and scraped the paint right off down to the primer and beyond! Needles to say the dealer took care of it and gave me a "free" bed cover for the little mishap.

ps... didn't want to bring up in the other post as it seemed was a little heated. Pete-FWA you know the one.
          what happened to pete -FWA
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
            what happened to pete -FWA
            nothing.... I might have been making it more of a bigger deal in my head. I have a sour taste for auto washes now, sounds strange but call me crazy...
            Brandon

Comment

Well, without mentioning the fun in the other post...

Any good paint cleaner should do the trick.. at least that is what I would start with. I wouldnt keep waiting forever to do it though, I would tend to get those off ASAP.

In your position, a cleaner like DC#1 or ScrathX could be followed quickly with ColorX, for a quick detail in those areas.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                Any good paint cleaner should do the trick.. at least that is what I would start with. I wouldnt keep waiting forever to do it though, I would tend to get those off ASAP.

In your position, a cleaner like DC#1 or ScrathX could be followed quickly with ColorX, for a quick detail in those areas.

Like mentioned by Murr1525 I would tend to remove it ASAP as well, never know if it may hurt the surface.
                Brandon

Comment

The carwash manager is taking care of it. He washed it two times by hand and two times with the carwah. It looked good. But surprise to me, it did not look good enough to the carwash manager. He said take it to a detail shop and get it detailed. He also said to get some new wipers. Thats customer service! With all the stories about how great our vehicles look. I would like to say that my Meguiars did what we really need it to do. It protected my vehicle from real damage. So I'm going to a detail shop that only uses Meguiar's.
                  Thanks for all the advice, and thanks to the people at Meguiar's for producing a great protection system for my car.

Boxhead

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');