• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Velcro Backing Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Velcro Backing Plate

I recently ordered the DA Velcro Buffing Sytem and everything came to my house except the velcro backing plate. Without that, I can't use my buffing pads.

I called customer service yesterday and I was told it was on backorder.

I'm wondering how much longer I will have to wait for the backing plates to come into stock again. I'm not pleased knowing I was charged for something I didn't even recieve yet.
    1995 Camry LE- Forest Green Pearl/Ivory Cloth
    2004 Sienna XLE Limited- Blue Mirage Metallic/Stone Leather

dont worrie lol megs customer service will take care of you i hear that there great!

aren't we all anxious to start buffing!

a good answer is soon!
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I've called about 3 times already. First time was with a guy named Ash and the other two times were with a guy named Kim.

Still don't have it in stock yet. What is taking so long?
      Last edited by toyotaowner; Jan 10, 2006, 04:47 PM.

Comment

It's called normal business.

When you run out of an item, for whatever the reason, you order in some more. If you're really good at business you are able to project sales numbers for each item you stock and keep enough items on hand so that you don't run out when someone orders the item.

Periodically, even the best people in business miss-calculate and you have more orders than you have product. When this happens, the normal thing to do is to backorder the item and ship it to the customer as soon as it is available.

Meguiar's is very good at stocking and shipping products but we're not perfect and by the way nobody is perfect.

I'll pass the link to this thread on to Ash and also to Kim so they can respond to you.

Thanks!
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I ordered the same product on dec 16 and got everything but the plate as well. no email saying it wasnt shiped, no letter in my order. 1 week later after a bunch of calls that never got through, I kept getting the message please call back during normal business hrs, when it still was normal business hours even with the time difference. finally i email them and was told that the plate was defective at shipment and a new one would be shipped right away, that was a week and a half ago, and still no plate. Dont you just love when you hear 2 different storys.

Comment

I'll pass this on also...

Thanks for the feedback..

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Both gentlemen were very courteous about the situation but I'm just "annoyed".

The original order was placed on the 27th of December, 2005. Now Love 2 Detail said he ordered his on the 16th, I do not understand why Meguiars just not let customers order the DA anymore until they can fulfill it.

Comment

I don't know what their guidelines are for how they make their decisions so I can't really speak for them, I have passed this on to Customer Care however and was asked to post,

"The latest word I rec'd is that the backing plate will be back in stock on or around 1/23, can you post that?"

This is about all I can do is pass information back and forth.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Mike, your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

I just order the DA during the detailing class.
                    And when i called today they told me the backing plate is on back order and no date of when they will be available.
                    I hope I get them soon.

Comment

Why don't they update the website so people know these things are on backorder when they order them? As one who works in customer service this seems like a no brainer to me.

Comment

any date on when the backplate will be available to be shipped?

Comment

Still haven't recieved mine.

Comment

Same thing for me. I placed my order for the WDAV99 system and some polish on December 28th and received everything but the backing plate on January 5th, I believe. I placed this order with Meg's because I had heard such great things about how fast they filled the orders. I was in somewhat of a hurry because someone had backed into my 2004 F350's tailgate and after dealing with insurance adjusters before, I wanted this thing to look perfect, outside of the caved in tailgate.

I was a bit shocked to open the box and it be missing the backing plate. I went through the pads to make sure it wasn't in there and finally looked at the receipt and saw it listed under "unshipped items." It was listed in such a way that I wasn't sure that something had not gotten crossed up. I waited until the next Monday evening, after hoping it would show up, to email customer service. I was told that there was a defect in manufacturing and that it would not ship for another 7-10 days.

That time has passed and it should have been here even if we used the 10-day time frame. That led me here, and I see that I am not the only one. While I am somewhat relieved to see that it was not just mine that was lost, I feel a few things are not being handled properly. There is a link to check availability, but it just shows "No availability information" for everything that I checked. The second thing would be to email the customer about the item being backordered when the order is placed if your online availability link is not going to work. And the most important thing...don't bill someone for something that is not shipped. That is what I am more mad about than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 01GTB
                              And the most important thing...don't bill someone for something that is not shipped. That is what I am more mad about than anything.
                              EXACTLY.

Tomorrow is the 23rd. Nearly a month after my order was placed. Even more for other people here. Hopefully they will FINALLY come back into stock.

If Meguiars can't fulfill the order, just refund the price of the backing plate back to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');