• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subaru Impreza Owners Club at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru Impreza Owners Club at Meguiar's!

North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club at Meguiar's!

On January 7th, 2006 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Wonderful class. I learned alot of new techniques and technique that have i been using that was incorrect.

Very informative class.

Thank you Mike for a informative day. I think I was able to step up into a whole new level in regards to car detailing.

btw I was the one in front "Eddie"
    Used in examples of bad detailing. ^_^
    Looking forward to those pictures.

Comment

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure having you and the rest of the club at Meguiar's

The last few folks just left, here's a shot of the car we worked on today!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

Anne and I had a blast! Thank you for sharing all the information and showing us the correct way to clean, polish, and wax! I'll be giving Jose a call this week to order the Dual Action Polisher and other products!!

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by kenji815
          Wonderful class. I learned a lot of new techniques and technique that have i been using that was incorrect.

Very informative class.

Thank you Mike for a informative day. I think I was able to step up into a whole new level in regards to car detailing.

BTW I was the one in front "Eddie"
          Used in examples of bad detailing. ^_^
          Looking forward to those pictures.
          I agree with "Fast Eddie" (Eddie they ever explain that to you?)

I was doing stuff "just wrong" and now while I rarely wash and wax (I learned the minimum ) I will at least do it better on those times when I do.

I was the rectal pain, old dude in front with Eddie.

Thanks Mike and thank you Barry!

Comment

is that my new nickname on meguire now??
            "fast eddie"??
            no i didn't heard...anything about that..
            i was pretty much in all the examples Mike threw up..

I totally had a good time.
            I'm a huge car enthusiast and all, but i was able to learn and filter out what i was doing right and what i was doing wrong.
            Sometimes you learn from you friend some detail/waxing technique but its not necessarily correct.
            But through this class i was able to correct those mistakes so in the future i can make my car shine even better.

btw Crystal Gray Metallic + Dust = The win.. it nevers gets dirty
            haha just kidding.

I didn't get a chance to wash my car before the class today
            but i have a older picture from when i did wash + clay bar + meguair NXT tech wax.

Comment

Hey Mike!
              Thanks for the awesome class, sorry we were tardy were definitely going to have to go back to catch the first part of the class. It was very informative, your an awesome guru
              Thanks for the FOOOOD and of course the free stuff.

<3 Emmeline
              silver GM6

Comment

Thanks Mike and Jose for having us over at Meguiar's.

I learned a great deal in the class. It cleared up a lot of the "bad information" that I've heard from word of mouth. I finally learned the proper way to detail a car. If it wasn't for the class I'd probably still be doing it wrong or learning from mistakes the hard way and going through lots of trial-and-error experiments.

--Joey, the one in the "sushine" polo as coined by Mike, and the one with the huge dSLR

I'll have some photos posted up sometime Sunday.

Comment

Many thanks to Mike & Jose. Super informative class.

Comment

Thanks Mike for a great class!! Very informative and fun!! I'll be ordering a bunch of Meguiars stuff from Jose tomorrow

I was suprised and happy that my car was used for the demonstration. I know you preferred a dard-colored car and it looked like it was a difficult decision to make. I definitely learned alot from this class!!

Thanks to everyone else, for being gentle with my car too
                    Last edited by cuteSTi65; Jan 9, 2006, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Photos Part I

How many people does it take to Quik Detail a scooby?

Everyone minus the photographer!

Mike demonstrating how to use the dual action polisher.

Jaimee actually working on her own car without the rest of the class.

Proof that the photographer does work too.

Comparing the top portion of the treated area vs the bottom untreat area showing cob webs.

Comment

Photos Part II

The class listening attentively.

Left side.

Right side.

Jaimee getting VIP treatment.

For those that stayed longer I took a group shot. I wanted to take a group shot, but this is what I ended up with. You notice that the car is in the foreground and is the main subject whereas everyone else is "hiding" behing the car. Car Crazy folks!

Comment

BADA$$ Class

Mike,

I'm sure that you have heard everyone tell you thank you and how much everyone had learned the other day. Well here's another thank you

I've been using Meguiar's products...well...since I was actually able to when I was a kid. All of those years of using the products ( testing vairous "systems" ), I never learned as much from hands on as I did in your class.

To be honest I didn't think that I was going to learn anything new but I absolutely did. As you stated in class, "All about technique".

Mike you are an awesome instructor and again Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by emprezuh
                            Hey Mike!
                            Thanks for the awesome class, sorry we were tardy were definitely going to have to go back to catch the first part of the class. It was very informative, your an awesome guru
                            Thanks for the FOOOOD and of course the free stuff.

<3 Emmeline
                            silver GM6
                            You guys missed the prize for longest drive there - the folks from Ranch Cuc. thank you I am sure

Mike: (for the boss) a quote from my post @ NASIOC
                            This was a great event
                            1) more info than I could process
                            2) more food than I should have eaten
                            3) More gifts than I expected and meeting some good people

Thanks to Maguiar's and Mike especially for a great day. The products all seem to supllement each other so how could I now use anything else

Comment

Thanks for the great class! i final learned the correct way to use my PC. I also learned how to correctl use scratch x. My brother is also in to detailing and he just bought a red 96 F150 today. i sent him to the store to get all the supplies i circled in the Meguiar's catalog and we are going to detail it in the next few days. I will post up some before and after pics. Thanks again for a great class.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');