• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subaru Impreza Owners Club at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike- I can't believe it... you actually picked a WHITE car for the demo? Isn't this the first sign of an impending apocalypse or armageddon or something?

R. Smith
    Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

There were only two black cars and they were the only two non-Subaru's in the class.

IMHO, picking a white car is a great test. It shows that all the detailing techniques work on a white car and will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick
        Mike- I can't believe it... you actually picked a WHITE car for the demo? Isn't this the first sign of an impending apocalypse or Armageddon or something?

Well we really like to pick a dark colored car because it's easier for people to see the before and after results; it's also easier for a camera to document the results.

You can see that Joey aka Rallyroo did a good job of capturing the before and after with his camera skills.
        (Thanks Joey! )

As I work my way though the photos I'll post the before and after shots I was able to capture. This time of year the sun hangs low in the sky and makes it a lot more difficult to capture before and after compared to when the sun is shining directly overhead.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for showing us the car care techniques we have been needing to learn. I would still leave swirls on my car if it werent for this class. Thanks a bunch for the goodie bag as well.
          I'll be picking up the dual action polisher and maybe doing some work with it considering i got laid off from my job last wednesday.

See you another time,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by SubieRon
            I'll be picking up the dual action polisher and maybe doing some work with it considering i got laid off from my job last wednesday.
            While you're still looking for a new job, you can start detailing other people's cars and hopefully pull in some money. Or at least get your money back from your investment on the DA polisher.

Comment

Mike was a great instructor and taught the subject extremely well. He perfectly blended product advertisement without making me feel like it was a sales pitch only. I am not a guy who listens to advertising in order to buy a product, but by him demonstrating the products in class, it proves that with the right technique it works. As a testament, I will be placing a rather large order for my car. Thanks for the class, it was great!

Comment

Originally posted by qingshan
                I agree with "Fast Eddie" (Eddie they ever explain that to you?)

I was doing stuff "just wrong" and now while I rarely wash and wax (I learned the minimum ) I will at least do it better on those times when I do.

I was the rectal pain, old dude in front with Eddie.

Thanks Mike and thank you Barry!

Hi qingshan,

It was our pleasure having you at Meguiar's, you were a great addition to the classroom and helped to make the day fun! If you'll note you now have a custom Avatar for our forum,

Taken from this photo of your car in front of the Meguiar's Corporate office.

Subaru Imprezza!

I make all the Avatars on MOL to be 150 pixels, but if you like it I can adjust the size for you to use on another forum with different limits for Avatar size.

Nice talking with you at Saturday's class!
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Mike, Are we going to receive any email confirmation of the order for the DA and stuff we order during the end of the class that day. How long does it usually take for the stuff to get to our doors?

Comment

Thanks Mike, Jose, and Meguiar's for a very informative day.

Mike is the guru of paint

Like was said earlier, there was too much information to process. Mike is very knowledgeable and a great teacher. I really feel I now know everything I need to know to care for my cars interior and exterior properly. I will definately be using more Meguiar's products...and maybe making some money on the side.

Thanks for the food and goody bag.

It was nice meeting other members of the Subaru family!

Comment

Originally posted by kenji815
                      Hi Mike, Are we going to receive any email confirmation of the order for the DA and stuff we order during the end of the class that day. How long does it usually take for the stuff to get to our doors?
                      I will pass the link to this thread on to Jose and have him get back to you as to their procedures.

Hang on...
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I think we had 40 people signed up for the class about 25 people that attended, the most important thing isn't the number of people, but the quality of the people that attend and with this group of people the passion and enthusiasm was overwhelming!

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thank you mike for the kind words.

I'm so excited and looking forward to recieving the DA and professional series product to start do some serious detailing.

Comment

MIKE P RULES!

Wanted to say thank you to Mike Phillips, Jose and Meguiars for an awesome Saturday. The class exceeded my expectations in everyway and i was taken back by the generosity of Meguiars for hooking us all up with such an opportunity, not to mention food and free product! I was raving to some of my friends about the wealth of knowledge i brought home that day. I will be rocking Meguiars products on every car that i ever buy. BTW i was the guy with the "four o nine" shirt sitting in the back, my name is Aaron.

Hotness!

I gotta have a pic of my car, even if it wasnt the center of attention

Pay attention to the master!

water spots are hot

how fast can 20 people wipe down an STi?

technique is everything.

Bugeyes need love too

The finished product was amazing, the difference was clear

Heres the rest of my pictures.

Oh and for you guys that might be wondering, i ordered the Meguiars version PC and it has already shipped...

Thanks MIKE! :

-Aaron
                            2004 WRB STi (wingless)
                            http://www.hspn.com - Changing the way enthusiasts think!
                            http://www.409industries.com

Comment

Last week I knew just about zilch when it came to proper car care (probably like 95% of the population). After this weekend I feel like a bonafide expert (almost). Not only was it educationally eye-opening but a lot of fun as well.

You guys have a real good thing going on here by reaching out to people at a grass-roots level. I'm sure it's generating strong word-of-mouth and creating new converts every weekend (I know I'm one). I think knowing what I do now, I'll never be able to drive by another carwash again without cringing thinking about the swirls those customers are getting with those dirty cotton rags.

Mike's enthusiasm for his work really shows - thanks to both him and Jose for the class.

Comment

Great class Mike! Thanks for showing us how to properly take care of cars. The way you got the swirls out of the paint was amazing! Thanks!

-keith

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');