• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help in choosing wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in choosing wax

hi. i live in an area where 8 out of 12 months in a year the temperatures are very hot and the climate is very dusty and windy. could someone suggest a wax that offers the following propeties, necessarily in that order >

1. provide a highly anti static and slick surface that prevents accumulatin of dust
    2. long lasting and durable. should not wash off easily
    3. provide strong uv protection
    4. provide high depth gloss and shine

thanks

Well, here are my thoughts:

1. Nxt is the most durable wax, but I think loses some gloss a bit quicker.

2. #21 keeps its gloss and slickness a long time, and lasts a pretty long time. It is however only available in fairly large quantities, like 64oz jugs at the moment.

How often do you plan to wash, detail your car?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

GOLD CLASS is very good i think it is fairly durable also i really highly recomeend M20 if you dont want to spring for M21 both last forever
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I'd use NXT Tech Wax and I'd follow after every wash or at least every other wash with NXT Tech Booster Spray Wax. The objective here is to keep the surface freshly waxed and "slippery." I know of no wax that repels dust but this approach, keeping the surface slick, will keep dust from establishing a grip. You should be able to blow any accumulated dust away with an electric blower. I wouldn't use a Cali Duster as they tend to occasionally leave bits of paraffin on the surface and these bits are dust magnets.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');