• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#81 Hand Polish vs #7 Show Car Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #81 Hand Polish vs #7 Show Car Glaze

Hi,

I've been reading past postings and it seems that most of the members of this forum agree that #81 Hand Polish is better than #7 Show Car Glaze. Since I detail my car solely by hand, I feel it might be a good idea to give #81 a try.

3 Questions:
    1. I use #21 Synthetic Sealant after using Meguair's Medallion Paint Cleaner. Will #81 compromise #21's adhesion to the paint?
    2. Why is #81 less expensive than #7 even though the consensus is that #81 provides better results?
    3. What is your favorite "hand-applied" pure polish and why?

Thanks!

I'm not sure that the consensus is that #81 is "better", more that it is easier to use (applies/removes with less effort). Some of the pricing difference is that #81 is sold only in bulk (32 oz.)

Do you currently use #7? Or are you just contemplating your purchases right now? If you're working by hand, you might want to consider using #9 instead for a little more swirl removal (very little, especially by hand) while still leaving some wet look from the trade secret polishing oils.

Comment

Setec is correct on this, consensus isn't that #81 is better than #7, but easier to remove than #7 and this is a feature Meguiar's formulated into the product.

#7 Show Car Glaze is the pure polish with the richest content of Meguiar's trade secret polishing oils and it is these rich polishing oils that create gloss and beauty while at the same time require the right application method, and the right removal technique in order to work as intended.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: #81 Hand Polish vs #7 Show Car Glaze

Originally posted by intergalactica

3 Questions:

1. I use #21 Synthetic Sealant after using Meguair's Medallion Paint Cleaner. Will #81 compromise #21's adhesion to the paint?
        Read these two threads and if you have time, everything in the Information Station

Do Glazes/Fillers Affect the Bonding of NXT?

A Question on Wax Bonding and the Potential of Interference by a Quick Detailer
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

i use #7 show car glaze by hand and really like the results -- before trying #7 i almost went with #81 hand polish simply because it's name is hand polish and i was looking for a polish to apply by hand -- although i still have not found the perfect hand polish application technique for me -- is #81 easier to use with better results than #7? or just easier to use --

Comment

Originally posted by a2z13
            is #81 easier to use with better results than #7? or just easier to use --
            I understand the questions posted to detailing forums are often times questions that are posted by people wanting to know and understand the most specific detailed subtle nuances about products and process. I understand this as I am the same way.

Suffice to say, all Meguiar's pure polishes work great and most people could not tell the visual difference between each product if applied side by side to perfect black paint after wipe off.

I mean if you take a black Viper and in one section of the hood you apply M81 and right next to it you apply #7 and right next to it you apply Deep Crystal Polish, after wiping each product off and inspecting, no one is going to stand back and say...

Whoa! look at the difference between the results!

It's not like that. The reason being is because all of the polishes work great! There are differences and perhaps people with very good eyes for perceiving visual differences in appearance might see that #7 creates a deeper, wetter appearance than the rest, but still it would be a small amount of difference, not day and night difference.

M81 Hand Polish tends to wipe off easier than #7. #7 Show Car Glaze is richer in polishing oils than all the rest of the pure polishes and therefor has the potential to create the best looking results.

Can either the average person or the most serious enthusiast living on earth perceive the results of this potential?

Try for yourself.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

thanks mike -- i really like mol --

Comment

Given what Mike said about the appearance differences between pure polishes being awfully subtle, you might want to try #5 some time. I find it incredibly user-friendly, probably as easy to use as any product (of any type) I've ever tried. If #7 gives you trouble, #5 might be just the thing. I actually *enjoy* using #5 (my favorite product on fresh repaints).
                Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by a2z13
                  thanks mike -- i really like mol --
                  We're glad to hear this...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X