• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Meguiar's step1 paint cleaner, step2 polish, and then nxt wax???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Meguiar's step1 paint cleaner, step2 polish, and then nxt wax???

Good morning meguiar's forum

I am in the mood to re-wax my 2000 Toyota Celica. I will be going to an Autoshop to buy a claybar, but, I need to know if I must buy something else. I have Meguiar's Step 1 Paint Cleaner, Step 2 Polish, but I do not have the Step 3 Carnauba Wax. Instead, I have the NXT Tech Wax in liquid form. Is it okay to use this wax after applying my Step 1 and Step 2 products? Or must I use the Step 3 Carnauba Wax?

Hey
    NXT is fine. Don't have to use DC3, though you could layer it!!
    Be sure to apply NXT thinly and wait for it to haze. Do the swipe test. Be sure not to let DC1 or 2 dry, rub it in then wipe off the residue. I'm learnin myself, lots of good people here!!!
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

All of Meguiars Cleaners, polishes ,and waxes work great together. You can sort of pick and choose which products you want to cover each of the 5 steps.

And I assume you have a good carwash soap already, like Gold Class or Nxt, etc.. With those products, you'll have everything to keep your car in good shape for a long time.

As far as optional things, here are two:

1. ScratchX - DC#1 is a mild cleaner, and will not remove swirls/scratches. You will need ScratchX if you have anything to remove.

2. Grit Guard - When you wash, be sure to use the 2-bucket system, and have a Grit-Guard in your rinse water bucket. I was amazed at all the junk that ended up in the bucket, and not being rubbed across the car. You can order from Meguiars, or from gritguard.com .
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');