• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autopia Detail Day at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autopia Detail Day at Meguiar's!

Meguiar's is proud to host a Detail Day at Meguiar's for members of the Autopia Discussion forum!

Autopians talking shop and putting faces to Avatars

SqkyKln and George start out first thing removing defects and applying Tech Wax to George's Mustang...

More to come!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Damn, why can't I live in L.A
    http://home.comcast.net/~american_ni...ed-23copy2.jpg

Comment

Mike, just walked in the door, and I bet you guys are still at it ! I had a great time, learned a few things. I need a Meguiars bible !! There are so many Meg's products available, i really need to do some homework....All of those responsible for the Autopian Day at Megs, did an absolutely wonderful job, and made it a pure joy to be there, great to meet all those fellow Autopians too ! And of all days, I left the camera at the hotel.....
      Lurking above the clear coat...

Comment

Originally posted by Webb
        Damn, why can't I live in L.A

Comment

To Mike, Lynn and all that made this happen, THANKS! It's great to live in L.A.! Had a great time working on each others cars and working with the full line of products. This was a first class event from a first class operation! We even got to meet Barry and his wife. I look forward to the next event.
          Quadruple Honda Owner
          Black cars are easy!

Comment

washing war birds

I was there yesterday and really would of loved to have been there today.

I had to get a bunch of WARBIRDS ready for the airshow.

I will catch it next time!!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hey do you get to spin those around the block to knock the water off !!??

Comment

Why do I have to live on the other side of the country

Comment

Thanks...

Mike, Lynn, "The Pros" and the rest of you all... thanks for an excellent day. I had a great time and learned a lot. Keep up the excellent program!!!

Comment

Here's a shot of Autopian Cars in the parking lot at Meguiar's. For the most part, many of these cars were well taken care of.

Barry and Karen Meguiar stopped by and we captured a group photo with our Autopian guests!

A few of our Autopian guests flew in from around the country!

There were plenty of products available to try out and compare...

A selection of old and new Meguiar's products were shared in the classroom session...

After the classroom session, it was time to walk the talk...

One Autopian member, volunteered his car for a side-by-side, before & after demonstration...

After polishing with #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish and applying one coat of Tech Wax, the car was pulled out into the sun for inspection by the discerning eyes from Autopia...

Side-by-Side, Before & After

The car was then pulled back in for a complete buff out…

Here are the final results…

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey ! Wheres the other group pics ??/ The ones where Lynn snapped about 10 of em ????

Comment

just wanted to say a big thank you to meguiars and mike and lynn phillips.....a good classroom instruction and megs history, training and practice on the PC and polishes, good pizza (avocado too !) plenty to drink and a nice get together.....
                        a special thanks to SqukyClean (Brian) who wet sanded with Uni-Grit paper, rotaried with #84 heavy cleaner compound, and buffed with #83 DACP a series of NASTY DEEP scratches on the front of the hood of my PT Cruiser.....looks like new! Super !
                        i learned a lot just watching, observing; and have a new found respect for the magic of DACP, wether rotary or PC applied....to think it can affect a scratch or swirl then buff out so smoothly is amazing....
                        every vehicle i saw (and there were some hot ones too) came away with an improvement.....and the NXT looked great on all the vehicles whether metallics, pearl coat, single stage or clear coat....dark or light colors....
                        thanks again....

Comment

I'm glad I got to meet so many autopians and meg's online folks in person at this event. I'll tell you, I'm pretty dang retentive about who and what touches my car. Not that my car is perfect or I'm a perfect detailer, but I sure don't like others to be messing with it. After watching them work on Saturday, I wouldn't hesitate to let Brian or Jim or Scott or Mike to just go to town on the 'Roara. The work those guys were doing was just awesome!!
                          Last edited by Aurora40; May 9, 2004, 09:09 PM.
                          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

oh yeah, and if anyone is ever down sandy eggo way, hit me up...and well hook up....

Comment

Bob (aka Aurora40)-it was great meeting you, the other Bob (rjstaff), Ronette (rdarwa), Jim (jimamary), Joe (SuperiorShine), Brian (SqkyKln) and spending some quality time over 3 days with you all. I think we all learned from each other and the great group who work at Meguiars, especially Mike Phillips (and his lovely wife Lynn) and Mike Pennington. Saturday was great with all the Autopia gang who showed up with some really great cars for all of us to work and learn on.
                              Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');