• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would u fix this...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would u fix this...?

So i was leaving to go on a little stroll in my lovely BOM Rsx. So i start her up, but on the seat belt, find a nice little song to listen to, pop her into reverse and start to back out. I have to put the garage door down so i start slowly creeping down my driveway (its a slight hill) and i go to hit the button to put it down and all of a sudden i hear CRUNCH ...what i did was back into my little beater, Mazda 626. I was beyond pissed at this moment and on the verge of crying so knowing that if i roll back on the hill when i pull forward as much as an inch that i would do more damage, i pulled the ebrake, and started to go but really fast, let the ebrake off and i was free...so far! I get out and mad anger at myself to see that i had backed the right back part of my bumper into this piece, popped the bumper out where it clips onto the car in about 5 places. I dont know much about paint but its got some of the paint from the other car and some black spots, im guessing thats whats underneather the paint. So the damage is about as big *** the right side of the back bumper, nothing on the sender or immediate back part of the bumper. Im gonna take it to the body shop and see how much its gonna cost to get done but does anyone know how much it would cost to get a whole new bumper becasue im scared of the colors not matching the lovely BOM. So would it be cheaper to order a whole new bumper rather then getting it painted at a body shop. Ill report back with a quote once we get it. And would another option be to get the aspec bumper? I think it looks ok but if i had to chose between that and a off painted bumber id get that. And do body shops have Blaze Orange Metallic? Thanks for letting me ***** haha, this is my first bithc thread!
    Anyone with alot of detailing experience who is willing to tell me what to get and how to detail please IM me at xal951

I take body class, and a genuine OEM bumper isn't cheap. Normally its $200+, I've seen some bumpers go for $400. If you bumper is cracked the body shop can do little to fully retore the damage. Post a picture and I could help you figure out a reasonable cost you should shoot for.

Paint transfer can sometimes be removed with clay, but I'm not so sure in this instance. If its only paint transfer were talking about and no cracks in paint or bumper, then you could possibly restore it using some abrasives.

Comment

lol ive been rear- ended before and it cost 500 for the new bumper and i have no clue how much it was to get it painted but my accords the stock silver colour. you could claim it on your insurance but i dont know if its a good idea because you hit your own car
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

From what I could make out from your post it appears that you love your car so I would go with the new bumper. But, purchasing a new bumper will not solve your paint mismatch worries as the bumper was painted with a different batch of paint. Just hope that it's as close as possible. Plus, any paint fade on the rest of your car will make it more noticeable. The best thing would be to polish out the whole car to an extreme brilliance that no one really notices.

Comment

I wouldnt worry too much about getting the paint to match.

as long as you go to body shop that has all the current color matching tools.

basically they will analyze the current paint, mix a match then they can tweak it if need be.

This is where a course in color theory can be rewarding.

but you should use a little bit of clay to see how much is really paint transfer

Comment

so here it is, finally i got some pics of it. Its in the shop right now getting fixed and painted, but what should i do when i get it back. How long should i wait to wash it, drive it, take it out in the rain.
            see attachments...??
            Attached Files
            Anyone with alot of detailing experience who is willing to tell me what to get and how to detail please IM me at xal951

Comment

As long as the paint is dry, it can be in the rain. You can also wash it, clay, and use a paint cleaner/polish on it anytime. However, you will have to wait 30-90 days to wax the new paint.

Be sure to ask how long they recomned for a curing time, before waxing. They should know what the brand paint they use recomends fora cure time.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

#80 has some level of protection and its safe to use on fresh paint
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');