• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live from Barrett-Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from Barrett-Jackson!

Well almost...

I've created three new specialty forums just for this event to share the cars and the prices they're selling for this year at Barrett-Jackson.

Stay-tuned as I'll start uploading photos tomorrow!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

I don't know about you guys, but a lot of those I have seen on there haven't been using any Meguiar's, can we say swirls?

Comment

Originally posted by n2_space
      I don't know about you guys, but a lot of those I have seen on there haven't been using any Meguiar's, can we say swirls?
      I buffed out 3 cars inside the auction tent two years ago with the help of bunker, a forum member here at MOL and the lights inside the tent reveal each and every single swirl and scratch!

When you watch the auction on TV and all the cars look so shiny and glossy, I'm here to tell you it's the camera making them look the way they do because in person, (from my experience), the car are filled with swirls to the point that it would embarrass a member or our forum to have a finish that looked like these cars.

I'll try to capture this with my camera to show you what they really look like. It does make me wonder why so many of the cars are so swirled out but it really comes down to education first and then what we teach here at Meguiar's every Saturday, which is to,
      • * Evaluate the finish.
        * Determine what your goals are.
        * Choose and use the right products to achieve your goals

I'll be at the auction starting sometime Friday morning, if anyone here is going to be there give me a call on the cell phone at 949-533-0225 and I'll meet you at the Meguiar's Special Events Truck.

My plane leaves from Ontario, CA in approximately 12 hours!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

In a few more minutes I'll be out the door and on my way to the airport for Phoenix, Arizona... the top is still off the Blazer so it's going to be cold, cold ride...

I know I can trust all our regular forum members to help keep a watch on the forum for the next three days as I'll be at the auction and not behind the computer.

See you later... look for some awesome pictures of some awesome cars latter tonight!
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Sure your already out the door but I look forward to seeing some pictures! I wasn't to familiar with this auction until I became a regular member on here! I am really looking forward to seeing some pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by tgfhatch
            Sure your already out the door but I look forward to seeing some pictures! I wasn't to familiar with this auction until I became a regular member on here! I am really looking forward to seeing some pictures!!
            Ditto that. This is going to be pretty cool

Comment

This sounds like a great reason to double up on my 401 savings, so I have enough to travel to Barrett-Jackson when I'm old and buy me up a car!!

Maybe somebody that is familiar with this could chime in, but are these cars for sale by private owners? or private builders?

Comment

This sounds like a great reason to double up on my 401 savings, so I have enough to travel to Barrett-Jackson when I'm old and buy me up a car!!

Maybe somebody that is familiar with this could chime in, but are these cars for sale by private owners? or private builders?
                This has been broadcast on the SPEED Channel on cable. I was watching some of it the other night. Very interesting and cool. I needed a bib because of the drool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  I buffed out 3 cars inside the auction tent two years ago with the help of bunker, a forum member here at MOL and the lights inside the tent reveal each and every single swirl and scratch!

When you watch the auction on TV and all the cars look so shiny and glossy, I'm here to tell you it's the camera making them look the way they do because in person, (from my experience), the car are filled with swirls to the point that it would embarrass a member or our forum to have a finish that looked like these cars.

I'll try to capture this with my camera to show you what they really look like. It does make me wonder why so many of the cars are so swirled out but it really comes down to education first and then what we teach here at Meguiar's every Saturday, which is to,
                  • * Evaluate the finish.
                    * Determine what your goals are.
                    * Choose and use the right products to achieve your goals

I'll be at the auction starting sometime Friday morning, if anyone here is going to be there give me a call on the cell phone at 949-533-0225 and I'll meet you at the Meguiar's Special Events Truck.

I don't doubt that one bit... I know if I am seeing that many problems on TV, it's hard telling what they look like in person

Comment

What were you doing in Canada?

I understand they already auctioned off a 1991 ZR-1 for $30k. Snap a few Corvette picts for me!
                    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Meguiar's should have gave Mike a blackberry! That way he could be in consistant contact with everybody on MOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I hope you have fun at the auction.
                        What kind or type of light are used in auction?

Eric
                        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

any and all of the above, private owners, museums, collectors, builders, estates. pretty much anythign you can think of .. cars from $2,000 to $3,000,000 something for everyone ..

Can't wait to see Mike's pictures, and I will be watching a lot of Speed this weekend.
                          Doug

Comment

Auburn is the same way. I know some of the outfits who do a fair amount of work for Kruse's sale there and it's the same thing. Swirl city, but the cameras make 'em look far better. Sometimes, though, even the cameras can't hide the defects.
                            See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                              What were you doing in Canada?

I
                              He's leaving from Ontario airport in California
                              -Bob
                              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');