• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#20 #6 #26 #7 ??Questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the advise mike!

but car clay would you recommend? the meguiar's C2000 clay is a rare commodity here in our place (i am from manila philippines)...

Comment

Well I would like to recommend Meguiar's, but any good quality clay will work. The most important thing is to remove the bonded contaminants so that you can insure a high gloss finish.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,
        My Orion Blue Coupe has 14 month old paint, I bought it new 10 months ago at a $7,000 discount. That allowed me to do some customizing of the interior.

My paint looks great, deep shine from all angles, except when I get up close under bright sunlight. That is when I see the cobwebs from too many trips to the local car wash/hand ? wax.
        Never again!!!!

Anyways I only used clay, as most have found Meguiars Clay is impossible to find. So every time I wax my cars I buy any old clay available. The Mothers clay kit is WAY overpriced, but is usually the only clay on the auto stores shelves. And half the time the clay is missing from the box, no kidding they think their employees take the clay.

Mr. Meguiar, are you listening? Make all auto stores carry the clay and lube kit, at $10 it is $7 less than Mothers. Guess which one people will buy!

Anyways I could only find some #7 after the clinic, so I washed the car first, then clayed the car using up the entire bottle from Clay Magic. I usually throw the clay away after, not worth scratches.

Then I used the #7 with the G100 DA buffer, starting at slow speeds and working up to 5 speed where the buffer is more ballanced. I used old microfiber towels to wipe off the #7, it is the only polish I have used with no white showing. The car looked great with just the #7, but the spider webs were still there, just not as bad. I loved putting on the NXT Tech wax, even easier taking it off.

But in bright sunlight I can see the cobwebs, drives me nuts. My thought is to use the #9 Swirl Remover next time, since I have a bottle of it. I figure doing half the hood to see if the #9 gets the swirls out.

If that works, great. If it don't, I have a bottle of #83 which I know will work after seeing it work magic at the clinic. Then after the #83 I would follow up with the #9 and then NXT wax. Next time 2 coats!!!!

Can the NXT coats be put on after say 2 hours? I hate driving the Lincoln Mark VIII now, the wife keeps it a mess, like her purse.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');