• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tour of the Barrett-Jackson Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour of the Barrett-Jackson Auction

When you first arrive and park your car and eventually make your way to the entrance of the auction itself, here's what you see...

Before you can go in however you have to pay for your ticket at one of the ticket booths...

I took this shot on Sunday and adult tickets were $20.00, on Friday and Saturday adult tickets were $40.00
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Down below the upper auction tent is a large field that has more large tents errected to house even more cars...

Some owners cover thier cars as the wind and the traffic, both foot traffic and gold carts of all kinds create a lot dust in the air.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Did you get a chance to see the GM Futurliner? I didn't see it on tv but a guy at work was talking about it. Sold for something like 4 million?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        Did you get a chance to see the GM Futurliner? I didn't see it on tv but a guy at work was talking about it. Sold for something like 4 million?
        I was on stage when the bidding frenzy started!

The gentleman in the white shirt and another person went after it pretty fast and furious until this guy finally backed down...

It was pretty exciting to watch and the mood of the crowd hit a fever pitch when it went over 4 Million dollars...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the photos that would have been one to see(the vehicle and the bidding).... crazy, just crazy!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yeah Mike, thanks for taking the time to post all of this, it was great seeing what you did for the weekend...
            Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
            08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
            98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
            82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

What a great presentation, Mike!

Even tho I was there (Wed & Thurs), your photos just enhance my own experience.

Sorry I missed you...

As a "VIP Guest" of the local (Schumacher) MB Dealer, I thought I had great access, but your credentials certainly topped mine!

Great results for an "amateur"!

Jim
              If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Very interesting to read and view the pictures.
                I just love detailing

Comment

From what I am seeing it looks like organized chaos.

Eric
                  Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
                    From what I am seeing it looks like organized chaos.

Eric
                    Yeah... that about sums it up... you could add the word >fun< between the words organized and chaos!

I have a lot more pictures to upload, but I'm just now getting my expense report filled out. I haven't traveled much for a while and I forgot what hassle it can be, especially going through airports, then dealing with rental cars and hotels.

I stayed at a Hilton in Scottsdale, and Friday night all around me was a party going on that ended up turning violent and out of control. I had someone try to get into my room around 1:00am, which prompted my 3rd call to the front desk for security to come and tighten things down.

Around 11:00pm I moved my rental car down the parking area quite a ways as I was concerned it was going to be vandalized.

Made for an interesting first night...

I hope the upcoming class in Dallas, Texas is less eventful...
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

I stayed at a Hilton in Scottsdale, and Friday night all around me was a party going on that ended up turning violent and out of control. I had someone try to get into my room around 1:00am, which prompted my 3rd call to the front desk for security to come and tighten things down.

Around 11:00pm I moved my rental car down the parking area quite a ways as I was concerned it was going to be vandalized.

Made for an interesting first night...

I hope the upcoming class in Dallas, Texas is less eventful...
                      Sounds like you didn't really get much sleep at all that night from all the chaos going on there at your hotel.

Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
                      2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');