• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheel washing tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel washing tool

Feel free to move this if it's not tip-worthy. I don't like brushes on my nice wheels, though I use them on the other cars.

But for my nice wheels I prefer something gentler and safer. So what I use is chenile-wrapped sponges as they hold a lot of water, you can see if the dirt is building up, and they rinse pretty well. Plus I have a lot that are in nice shape that I no longer use on paint (since discovering sheepskin).

But a big sponge is a pain to work around a wheel, so what I do is cut them in half. You can sew them up or just hold them together with your hand. It's much easier to use on a wheel that way, and I like it. Just thought I'd share.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Re: wheel washing tool

I use the same sponges for the wheels on my Lightning, I don't cut mine in half but I do like the idea, it would make it easier getting in the smaller areas. Like you said they hold lots of water kind of washing the grime away. Now if I clean wheels with lots of little details I reach for the wheel brush.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey,

Until the Meguiar's Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush came out, I never used a brush as they always seemed to leave marring. But to be very honest, I just love the Meguiar's Wheel Face Brush...no marring at all! It gets into all the crevices, holds a lot of water/soap solution and does it all without marring! But before the Meguiar's brush, I used a dedicated wash mitt for the wheels. I will have to dig out a chenile sponge to give it a try.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I use the Versa Angle Tire Brush on the wheel's and the chenile on the rim's.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');