• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1953 Buick Skylark - Barrett-Jackson Auction Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Buick Skylark - Barrett-Jackson Auction Results

1953 Buick Skylark - 2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction Results

Sunday I ventured out to the far hill to see what was inside the tents out yonder and found this rare and glamorous 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible.

Often times I'll try to capture a photograph of the dash, steering wheel and front interior because many of the classics as well as the muscle cars have unique and interesting cockpits as compared to modern cars.

In this cropped out section, notice the nice looking design of the steering wheel, the large center gauge, the high mount location of the push-button radio and the use of lots of chrome to set off all the components against the bright red paint.

Now this would be fine cruising machine to tool around town in on a sunny summer afternoon!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Good camera work on this one, Mike.

At one time, the division named after David Dunbar Buick was the centerpiece of General Motors, long before Cadillac came to prominence. Buick had been the "bread and butter" division for several decades, even outselling Chevrolet before it became the volume division.

This 1953 Skylark is a stunning example of American style and luxury from the 50s. It has modern, but not overstated (at least in terms of American vehicles when compared to European) styling with cues drawn from the Y-Job show car, among others.

The history of the vehicles makes them even more attractive to me. When people ask why I collect, this is the reason.
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Man only 139,999!?!?!?

I would buy it but I just bought a pack of tic-tacs and now I am short!!
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Mike, speaking from experience, an old convertible does make a nice Sunday afternoon cruiser. In fact, not bad Monday thru Saturday either!
        Good looking car. Hard to beat a red convertible. One question, what are all the chrome knobs under the radio?
        WW - Shinin' On

Comment

Wayfarerwalk,

The knobs on the dash below the radio are for defroster, headlights, fan, etc.
          See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

One cool feature about a car such as this one is that you can save the buying of a few interior detailing products such as Natural Shine, Tech Protect or QID. You can simply WAX the dash !

Comment

Very, very nice car to take it out for a spin
              And very nice pic's as well.

Thx again Mike
              I just love detailing

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');