• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YUK! tar ... INSIDE ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YUK! tar ... INSIDE ...

A friend walked through new blacktop and the tar/oil transferred from her shoes to the light tan carpet in her car. How can I play hero and remove this without ruining the carpet? There is also some on the kick panel ... Help me out ... Pleeeeeze!

genee
    Black Cherry 05 Scion tC
    Orient Blue 02 BMW 325i

Cadillac Coral still the best I ever used

YUK! tar ... INSIDE ...

OK, help me out here. How do I get tar (new asphalt) out of a light tan carpet without killing the carpet?
    Black Cherry 05 Scion tC
    Orient Blue 02 BMW 325i

Cadillac Coral still the best I ever used

Comment

That's a tough one because you need to be careful that whatever you use doesn't hurt the fiber or discolor it.

I would look into Goo-Gone, or a product like this. You might also consider finding a reputable detailer that offers interior detailing and see what they suggest and charge. Might be easier to let someone with the right tools and experience tackle this one.

p.s.

I merged your two posts, you only need to post a question once. Thanks!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');