• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars # 16 Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applied another coat of #16 to the A8 yesterday (note that it's a fairly large sedan). I was able to buff it *all* off with one set of suede-style MF bonnets on the Cyclo, though I did do a by-hand follow up with a MF towel. Virtually no evidence that either the bonnets or the towel had been used- you could barely see a little wax on the bonnets.

No dust, no significant wax on the buffing media, great waxjob, and it was very easy to do. It's all in the thin application.
    Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by Accumulator
      IMO it's not a problem with leaving it on too long, it's a matter of putting it on too thick. I've played around with even longer set-up times than that and it still came off quite easily as long as I apply it nice and thin.

So IMO, the learning curve relates to figuring out how *little* to actually apply and how to get a nice even application with that much.

Remember that the only wax that stays on the paint is the unmeasurably thin layer actually in contact with the paint.

Unless you're a pro using it on your client's vehicles, a can oughta last many, many years if you apply it properly thin. I use it a *lot* and I'm just finishing a can I opened over a dozen years ago.
      Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Re: Meguiars # 16 Wax

THe wax can still be bought in Europa (UK). Others new or stories about using?

Comment

So is #16 ever found anymore? What's the closest thing to it now?

Sure wish I had been such a fan back in the day.

Comment

You can still find it on eBay. I just bought 4 cans on Buy It Now and getting them after I get paid friday (asked the owner first). paid $21.95 a piece plus 22 to ship.

Just keep an eye out.

Aaron
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
              So is #16 ever found anymore? What's the closest thing to it now?

Sure wish I had been such a fan back in the day.
              I have one for sale.

Comment

I received my M16 from Piku and used it on one of my car's today.

Nice. I didn't have any trouble with it. I did nice thin coats.

I have a hard time seeing a difference between really good waxes like these, but I do love the feel of touch, from the M16.

Comment

I just bought one can off ebay.co.uk...can't wait to get it in my mailbox!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');