• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two bucket wash-soap in the rinse bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two bucket wash-soap in the rinse bucket

I first thought about this when I was using QEW and the two bucket method. When using a clear rinse, about halfway through the wash, my soap solution was pretty diluted.

This is also very true when I use a Meguiar's body brush while doing a regular wash. These brushes hold a ton of water.

To maintain the lubricity of the shampoo water mix, I think that it might be a good idea to use a shampoo mix for the rinse as well as the wash.

How about it? Shampoo is cheap.

Tom

I don't use QEW but it can still apply.... If my truck is very dirty I will add some soap to the second bucket of water. Typically I don't let my truck get all that dirty so I just use plain water.

I currently use a 3 gallon bucket for my wash soloution but I have been thinking of moving to a 4 or 5 gallon for just the reason you mentioned the brushes use alot of water and I also like to "slop" alot of soapy water on the the vehicle with my wash mitt.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

My rinse buckets get so soapy from rinsing out the mitts that I don't need to add anything to them. In fact, I have to put some spring-clamps on the edges of them so I can easily differentiate my wash/rinse buckets. They start to look the same rather quickly. My wash bucket doesn't get very diluted; I wring out the mitts a bit before returning them to the wash bucket after rinsing.

FWIW, I get out a fresh mitt if I think there's any chance it hasn't rinsed clean. Better safe than sorry.
      Practical Perfectionist

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... i hate QEW!!! maybe im using it wrong but I purchaced a bottle online and decided to use it yesterday

the car looked pretty good after but then i looked closer and there was light cobb webbing all over the car!!! ill need to ScratchX the whole car now

also might have been because it was my first time with a real sheep skin mitt... i'm a sponge lover! and the GC sponge has never scratched my car
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I use QEW only for really light dirt (dust) or after I use a coin-op to get the bad crud off. There are many reviews of this product on Autopia. Most of the reviews have been good. I use a chennile or sheep skin mitt with QEW and dry with waffle weave MF towels.

After a coin-op wash, I *do not* use the two bucket method at the carwash because the truck still has plenty of water on its surface. If I drive my truck home defore I use the QEW I use two buckets

Do I have some marring? Yep, slight marring but I get that from regular washes too. That's why I have NXT and a pc.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');