• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yesterdays detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterdays detail

Here's some pics of a Ford F250 I did yesterday I would term as a "work" truck. The inside was filthy and it was the perfect opportunity to use my new Durrmaid extractor. I wasn't able to get any pics from the interior as it was dark on Friday night when I was working on it and it's hard to get good pics in my garage. The extractor worked like a charm, much better than the bottle, scrub brush and shop vac like I had used before.

On the exterior, the owner wasn't too concerned about getting a flawless finish, but "just give it a good coat of wax".

My steps were:

Wash with Pro C-60 car wash with my Karcher power washer and the foam gun attachment, then I went over it with the Meguiars wide angled body brush and rinsed.
    Clayed the truck with C-2000 detailing clay
    I worked on the aluminum wheels and the toolbox with NXT all metal polish and a Mothers powerball.
    To clean up the paint, I went with a one step solution in #66 Quick Detailer on my rotary and a High Gloss constant Pressure "green" polishing pad on about 1400 RPM's. First time I have tried the green pads, seems to have just a bit more cutting ability than the normal polishing pad, but nothing like a cutting pad. The fine scratches were gone as far as I could tell and it produced a nice smooth finish.
    I finished off the trim with Meguiars Exterior Trim Detailer, wheel wells with Hyper Dressing 3:1 and the tires with All Seasons Dressing.

Cleaning that truck for me was a LOT of work and I was worn out when I was finished. Glad I didn't do a 2 or 3 step polish out on this rig.

The after pics aren't so great as it was almost dark when I was finished, so I really couldn't capture how good this truck actually looked when it was finished, but here they are anyways.

Before:

After:

nice job!! Those tires look very oily. What is all season dressing? I am not a fan of the high gloss, but if I were those tires would be a winner!

BTW, what did you clean the diamond plate toolbox with??
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Hey Hannibal,
      Thanks, The All Season Dressing is: All Season Dressing

I apply is using a foam applicator pretty thick and leave it set for a few, then I go back and wipe it down, the key here is how much you remove when wiping it down determines the glossy look or more of a flat look. I really like this stuff after learning how to apply it properly, it seems to last a long time.

As far as the toolbox, I didn't get any good pics of it as it was starting to get dark when I was finished, but it was nasty! I removed 4 bumper stickers from it and polished it with a mothers powerball and finished up a jar of Mothers Billet polish, then went to NXT All Metal Polish. I had to go over it a couple of different times and I had to throw away several cheap cotton towels from buffing it as they were totally black. The powerball was a casualty also, but it had been used several times before. It cleaned up pretty well considering I don't think it was ever polished before.

That truck had over 120 K miles and the owner is a construction worker and uses it for a work truck, so it needed a little TLC.

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');