• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPPC ??'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPPC ??'s

I have some questions about the product. I used MPPC today with the pc for the first time. The results are awesome, almost to good to be true. I was skeptical that this cleaner would remove swirls and webbing, but they're greatly reduced (not quite gone). The vehicle is a black Ford Explorer. The wife washed for me yesterday as a favor. I was behind in my car cleaning due to a car show I was prepping for. She used a nylon bristle brush. HELLO scratches!!

Are the swirls-webbing gone or just kind of covered up with oils and what not?

For those that remain would it be better to just repeat procedure with MPPC or step up in aggressiveness?

What would be the next in line after MPPC? I've seen 83, 82, then 81 but cust serv said 83 is for rotary use..

Thanks for replies and more questions to follow.

Here's a pic

Here's a quick look at what I'm talking about. It's not perfect (yet) but not bad for a newb. Enjoy and critique!!

Comment

IMO, MPPC is an excellent cleaner by hand, especially on oxidation and paint contaminents. However, any product for hand use will probably not be up to tackling huge swirls. I'd bet the swirl removal you've seen so far are actually removed. MPPC doesn't IMO have a whole lot of hiding ability. It isn't really an oily product. You could use #83 with a PC, and some people can use it by hand with great success. It might be some of that is beyond hand removal, and it could possibly be beyond safe removal period, but who knows. A nylon brush just sounds like it would leave terrible marring!

You can always try MPPC again to see if you can further remove/reduce the swirling, or you could try a product like #82 or #9, as they seem to have less chemical/oxidation focus and more swirl focus IMO. You could also always try DACP by hand just to see what you can get from it. I don't know if that helps...
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Re: MPPC ??'s

Originally posted by scrub
        For those that remain would it be better to just repeat procedure with MPPC or step up in aggressiveness?

What would be the next in line after MPPC? I've seen 83, 82, then 81 but cust serv said 83 is for rotary use..

Thanks for replies and more questions to follow.
        Hi Scrub,

Meguiars doesn't recommend it, but I like to use the W-7006 pad with Medallion PPC on the 5 setting...I have removed a lot of scratches this way.

But 1st, I would give it a try with the W-8006 pad on the same 5 setting, and repeat if necessary.

#82 is a good follow up after MPPC...Followed by #81.

#83 is a little stronger than MPPC, but it can be used with a PC as well.
        r. b.

Comment

Thanks for the replies thus far!!

I will study the posts and try them out this weekend.

I talked to cust serv and now they recommend #83 with the pc but not #82. I ordered the #83 and #9 for later this week. I received #81 today.

Orders every week, my wife is going to kill me!! I'll just let her wash the Explorer again and tell her I need the products to fix...

With regards to the MPPC I'm totally impressed with the results. I compare my work with every car parked next to my ride. I'm an addict. Do you check out every car on the road, make a quick diagnosis and visualize what it would take to fix. Me neither!!

Products so far MPPC, #83, #81, #9; will that give me i guess the full line to cover most finishes out there?

I'm trying to start up a side gig. That's what scares me about the MPPC results. I don't want to sell the results and have them disappear with the next rain.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with me!! I'm lookin forward to more replies.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
            ...With regards to the MPPC I'm totally impressed with the results. I compare my work with every car parked next to my ride. I'm an addict. Do you check out every car on the road, make a quick diagnosis and visualize what it would take to fix. Me neither!!

Products so far MPPC, #83, #81, #9; will that give me i guess the full line to cover most finishes out there?

I'm trying to start up a side gig. That's what scares me about the MPPC results. I don't want to sell the results and have them disappear with the next rain...

Just to add my positive comments to the thread for MPPC.

I've been a happy MPPC users for at least 9 years. I don't think there is a better cleaner anywhere.

My ritual, on my very well kept paint finishes is;
            Gold Class Wash
            Clay (if needed)
            MPPC
            #7 (may try #81 in the future)
            #26 for dark colors and #16 for light colors.

I just started to play with NXT and cannot make too many comments yet, although my initial impressions are very favorable.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for reply. I agree with you, especially the point about your well kept finish. Great looking ride!!

Comment

Hey,

There is no problem using #82 Swirl Free Polish with a PC. In fact, after using the #83 DACP with a W-8006 Polishing Pad, I would follow it with either the #82 Swirl Free Polish or the #9 Swirl Remover with the W-9006 Finishing Pad. THis will enhance the gloss even further! Perhaps CS was referring to the #84 Compound Power Cleaner which is rotary buffer only.

Keep us posted!

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I have #9 on the way for the weekend and will try with the pc.

To me as the days pass it appears the webs are starting to show up. Its like they are easier to see. Could be me just staring too much. The finish is still high gloss.

Thanks again for replies!!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');