• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Invitation - Corvette buff-out at Meguiars' Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Invitation - Corvette buff-out at Meguiars' Garage

Hi all,

I have a black 1993 Corvette to buff out for this years Plastic Fantastic in San Diego. I'll be starting on this car in the late afternoon, possibly as late a 5:00pm and continuing into the night until it is completed.

This is a before and after, side-by-side demonstration to a basecoat/clear coat finish that is horrible.

If you live in the area and would like to come down and watch and ask questions as well as see the process and the results yourself, please feel free to come on over.

This is for tomorrow, May 10th, a Meguiar's Garage.

Here is the address,

Mapquest Driving Directions
    Meguiar’s Inc
    17991 Mitchell South
    Irvine, CA 92614

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Man, had this been somewhere in northern Europe I would be there.

Note to myself: move to California
    Anders
    '05 Peugeot 307 SW Griffe

Comment

The owners dropped it off a couple of hours ago, I snapped a photo of the before side while it was parked in the sun. The Driver's side actually still looks really good considering I buffed it out at the NCCC Detail Day at Meguiar's back on April 3rd.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...th=4&year=2004

Here it is, ready for compounding.

While the finish looks pretty good to the untrained eye and in this photo, the car has a lot of RIDS, Random, Isolated, Deeper Scratches, and of course a hazy look in the sun due to the zillions of cobweb scratches.

I'll be starting this buff out after 5:00pm. I have all kinds of products on hand you can try if you like.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Mike,
        Which pad do you use with the fire extinguisher?
        2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
        AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
        1st Place-Best Overall Detail
        3rd Place-Best of Show
        March 26th, 2011

Comment

All told, 6 people came down to discuss detailing and practice the art of polishing paint.

Here's a shot of the black 93 Corvette with one half of the hood taped off in preperation for compounding with #84 Compound Power Cleaner. In the background is Vert-I-go's Torch Red Corvette about to under go some compounding work also.

Here's Rick removing NXT Tech Wax using a Meguiar's Ultimate Bonnet...

Here's the finished work of art!

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike - Thanks for the invite. Once again, I learned alot and had fun buffing out "An American Classic" Sports Car! ...also, got to meet some nice folks as well. Hello to Rick, George, & Matt.

As always Mike, your kindness preceeds you!

The final pics of the cars look tremendous...Absolutely "Freaking" Phenominal.
            "Detailing with a Passion!"

Comment

Any new pics Mike??

Comment

Mike,
                I've gotta apologize. I posted this on the CF Tuesday morning and then on this Forum or so I thought. ??? I thought this would be a great 1st post here. Damn!

At any rate there's a couple new pics I took Tuesday morning at the end of this post.

Thanks again for all your hospitality and efforts.

From Corvette Forum 5/11

Mike,
                Thank You so much for the opportunity to come by last night, the hospitality extended by you and Meguiars is outstanding.

I learned a lot about products, application and problem solving. As you now know my car's finish had been abused and suffered many scratches, some deeper then others but numerous to say the least. Over the past year that I've owned the car I have tried many mfgs. products in an attempt to give the car it's best possible look while putting off the inevitable repaint. I thought I had done a pretty good job until last nights efforts showed me so much more could be done with Meguiar's Professional Product line and NXT Tech Wax. I'm very pleased with the outcome and again want to Thank You for all the time you spent with me and on my car.

I'd also like to thank all the other folks who came out last night for their help, interest and friendship. You are all very cool people.

Mike, I'll see you at Plastic Fantastic
                p.s. The Black Vette was looking awesome, hope you were able to get some sleep.

Rick (daylight pics to follow)

Comment

Hello to you too Paul and Thanks Again for all your help Monday evening. It was really nice meeting you and I hope we'll get the chance to meet again.

Comment

hey there guys,

fun hanging out with you...

vertigo your corvette looks great but not as good as my ambulances hehe :-)

small world eh?

Thanks for the great tips mike and the clay.. wonderful meeting you
                    this IS my signature :-)

Comment

Hi Matt,

really small world and Shaun says, Hey

and yes you do have some ambulances and a really sweet Lightning

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');