• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet Sanding using a rotary buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Sanding using a rotary buffer

Hi,

I understand Meguiars has made an excellent set of wet sand paper. Do you also have or will you have a sponge version that can fit on a rotary buffer like this one:

3M Finishing Film - 1500 Grit Box of 100 6 inch disks

autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=3M0950&Category_Code=M3
    [Edited for commercial link; 2hotford]

thanks, Ed

Ed, I used to put these to great use in my body shop, but only on a DA. Not sure I would use them on a rotary...have you done so?
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Meguiars has an alliance with Mirka. I have the Meguiars/Mirka system and it works well.

Email Kevin @ - iamwaxman@aol.com for more information.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Meguiar's doesn't offer at this time sanding papers designed to attach to DA sanders,

I've never heard of anyone using a rotary buffer to sand paint with the goal of prepping it for paint.

Ed, when you wrote,

Originally posted by ed@uxdesigns.com

Do you also have or will you have a sponge version that can fit on a rotary buffer like this one:

Did you perhaps mean dual action polisher or DA Sander instead of rotary buffer?

Rotary buffers can be used for sanding and grinding, but not typically for prepping panels for paint.

I read the text for the link you included for Lenny's site, and it actually describes the sanding papers you mention for use with a DA Sander.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');