• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These wheels and wheel brightener (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These wheels and wheel brightener (pic)

Well to some things up I want to make sure that these wheels are safe to use with whel brightener at 4:1. Any opinions? Also would wheel brightener be safe to use lets say everytime you wash the car maybe once a week? Also if some one could tell me what they are made of been having an argument over that with my dad thank Greg.

Well, just from the pic looks like aluminum. But you would have to do a test spot to see if they are clear-coated or not.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hey,

Nice truck! Your dad is going to love the V10! It is one strong engine!!!

Are those the factory OEM wheels part of the chrome package?

If they are factory wheels, they are most likely clear coat. Do a test spot with some NXT Metal Polysh and see if the towel turns black. If it does not then it is most likely clear coat. I would contact the dealer just to make sure!

As for using the Wheel Brightener, it is a very strong product. Once you use it to clean the wheels of brake dust etc, apply a coat of #20 Polymer Sealant. From that point one, just use soap and water. There is no need to use the WB on a regular basis. On my own truck which sees a lot of heavy duty towing in the summer, I only need to use the WB maybe once every two months. Other than that, #20 keeps the wheels looking great!!

Here is the lastest Meguiar's Tech Bulletin on the WB

WHEEL BRIGHTENER
      Meguiar’s Wheel Brightener is the product of choice for professionals looking for a powerful wheel cleaner that quickly and effectively removes tough brake dust. There is a thin line between effective cleaning and dangerous to use products; Wheel Brightener gives users the ultimate in flexibility, cleaning and safety with one product.

Packaging:
      1 Gallon, part # D-14001
      5 Gallon, part # D-14005
      55 Gallon, part # D-14055

Features:
      • Safe on clear coated, factory painted, and chrome wheels
      • Easily removes brake dust
      • Concentrated formula – 4:1

pH: 5.0
      Paintable: Yes
      Dilution: Up to 4:1
      (Water : Product)

Application:
      Dilute to required strength, spray on cool, dry wheel surface. Let sit for 30-45 seconds and rinse with water. Apply only to wheels that are cool to the touch. Clean and rinse one wheel at a time.

Warning: Not for use on anodized, magnesium or polished aluminum wheels

Pro Tips:
      For severe accumulations of brake dust, use a wheel brush and agitate area during the application of Wheel Brightener.

Health rating:
      Health: 3
      Fire: 0
      Reactivity: 0
      Specific Hazard: 0

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Yea they are the factory oem wheels I am not sure if they were included with the package or were an option along with the package. We recieved it last hursday night I detailed it that friday I think the v10 is a newer three valve that they are using now I got a chane to drive it a bit extrememly strong running truck heres a link.
        250 v10 detail

Comment

Hi Greg,

Yes, it is a 3V motor. What gears are in the truck? In mine, I have the lowest the factory offers: 4.30. I just love the neck snapping torque!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
            Hi Greg,

Yes, it is a 3V motor. What gears are in the truck? In mine, I have the lowest the factory offers: 4.30. I just love the neck snapping torque!!

Tim
            Nice! what is the biggest size you can get? I have 4.56's up from stock 3.92's. That was a fun mod
            BMW Carbon Black '99 Dakota R/T (Click Here)

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');