• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smooth Surface Clay Kit or Mirror Glaze Mild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth Surface Clay Kit or Mirror Glaze Mild

Hello everyone!

Which would be better for me, the Smooth Surface Clay Kit or the Mirror Glaze mild formula? I have a '05 Mustang GT and as soon as winter has passed, I'll be giving "Thor" a full-detail. In the meantime, I'm gathering info on products.

Cheers,
    Jon

clay kit

I'm no expert, but I got the smooth clay kit over the weekend. I used it and I'm extremely happy with the results. I have a 2004 Nissan Titan. I washed, dried, then clayed. I could't believe what I got off off my truck after I thought it was already clean.....I did my mirror housings and front bumper too which both had bug parts on them that I couldn't get off w/ washing. I live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama where it has been in the upper 70's all of January so bugs are a year round issue for us. The clay cleaned my bumper like it was brand new. Hope this helps you a little.

Comment

the Smooth Surface Clay Kit or the Mirror Glaze mild formula
      Not sure what you mean by this, so I'll assume you mean a paint cleaner. To get your ride looking it's best you'll need both! The clay removes Above the finish contaminents, and the cleaner will work on below the surface defects.

Ex.

I would clay my car, then use #80 (Paint Cleaner/Polish), followed by my fav wax.

Hope this helps,
      Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

I believe Jon is refering to the Detailing Clay - Mild.

I say start with Smooth Surface and if you not happy with your results, move up to the Professional Line. My bet is you'll be happy.

Also, I believe, after you have clayed your vehicle it is recommended to polish then wax. So I don't believe that you would need a cleaner/polish.

Just my thoughts, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I would start with the Smooth CLay Kit. It is a good price for what you get, and having a bottle of cleaner/wax around can be handy. Meguiars Cleaner/wax shouldnt be under-rated.

The only reason to go with the Professional CLay is if you are claying large numbers of vehicles, or have other speacial circumstances.

Remember to cut the clay into pieces so it will last a while for you. On a car in good condition, the clay may last 3 or 4 cars/times. However, you need to use lots of lube, so the QD bottle may only last one car. So just plan on needing some extra QD, or other type of lube in the future.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');