• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pure glaze after #80 speed glaze question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pure glaze after #80 speed glaze question

i've been reading and see that #80 has oils in it. i was wondering if adding a pure glaze before waxing would still make a noticeable difference over just the speed glaze. thnx.

From what I've read, many have said that you can skip the polishing step (for those who desire to add a pure polish) after using M80 because of the rich polishing oils in that product.
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Re: pure glaze after #80 speed glaze question

Originally posted by tinhead
      i've been reading and see that #80 has oils in it. i was wondering if adding a pure glaze before waxing would still make a noticeable difference over just the speed glaze. thnx.
      M80 is rich in Meguiar's polishing oils and after using it you can go straight to wax... (I do )
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

cool. thanks for the replies.

Comment

How long will #80 last, if there's no LSP on top?

Comment

Well.. not too long. I might say a week if the weather was actualy nice and sunny. Any rain, etc, and I would predict a lot of the protection would be gone after.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What if you layered with sealant or 'nuba wax?

Comment

Hey,

Meguiar's M80 Speed Glaze is a cleaner that has a healthy dose of TS Oils and a paintable polymer. Its unique polymer is for use on fresh paint so that it can offer protection until the paint cures. The paintable polymer will actually last a fair amount of time, but not as long as a dedicated wax/sealant.

For cured paint, I would always follow the #80 with 2 coats of #21 or NXT Tech Wax. That way, it will help to lock in the benefits from the the #80!

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');