• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pc7424 via retail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc7424 via retail?

anyone been able to pick up a porter cable 7424 via a retail store? seems like none of the chains have them listed online as being available for purchase.

i did however find several local stores that have them, but curious if there were any retail chains.

Lowes carries the Porter Cable 7336 for $109 but you don't get the lifetime warranty you get with the G100. The only other difference is the counter-weight is 6" instead of the 7424's 5" c-w.

One thing though-not only should you burn the pad it comes with all the way to an ashy residue but you should also bury the ashes to make sure you never use that horrible white pad!

You also will need to get a backing plate and pads. If you have a Meguiars professional distributor in your area, you can run by and get the BP and pads. Check to make sure they have the 6.5" pads, some stores only carry 8" and special order only the smaller pads.
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

not true lol i used the white pad along with a metal polish to polish my mail box (terry was taking too long) turned out great! then i bought another one to polish my granite counter tops (not meguiars wax but actaul granite wax)
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
        One thing though-not only should you burn the pad it comes with all the way to an ashy residue but you should also bury the ashes to make sure you never use that horrible white pad!
        I used the pad to polish my ceramic/glass stove-top. It worked great. Also works wonders on fridges, washer/dryers. At least it's good for something......just NOT your car!
        Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Can you use the white pad that comes with the PC 7336 with your bonnets to remove wax?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyTop
            Can you use the white pad that comes with the PC 7336 with your bonnets to remove wax?
            Sure, I have hear of some doing that. Not quite as user friendly since its a screw on pad but I guess it would work.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by RockyTop
              I used it that way since I didn't have the 7006, and it work'd OK. But as gb387 has stated, you have to screw it on and off each time. I just received my 7006 pad, and I'll see if there's any difference.
              Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

I used it on the bathroom sink!! Worked great.

Kelly
                MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');