• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Protectant or Natural Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Protectant or Natural Shine

Hi Everyone

Can someone give me an opinion as to which product to use on the interior of my car? I like a matte finish but i cannot find much detail on the Natural Shine product.

I am new to Meguiars products - just purchased my first lot of NXT Car wash and Tech Wax - so far very impressed .

Welcome to MOL
    the choice is up to you on which protectant to use
    I'm a huge fan of natural shine! all you have to do it spray it on an applicator or directly on the dash then spead the product and wipe off all the excess with he clean microfiber and boom you have a great looking dash that smells pretty good too!

I have tired NXT and it don't like the glossy look on my dash but it looks pretty good on the other parts of my car

so if you like the matte look i thinky you will like natural shine!

hope this helps
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Different plastics will react differently, so it is hard to say for sure unless people have the same car.

However, for my car, I really like the Nxt Tech Protectant. I spray it on the cloth, then wipe around, doing all the plastic, etc in my car. Then I let it sit for a couple minutes, and buff off. Leaves a rich look with no gloss for me.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

<-- Meguiar's natural shine fan here.

A little product goes a long way. I usually use two sprays to do the entire dash, and one spray to get the wheel of my car. I apply it with a soft terry applicator, then use the backside of it to go back over the vinyl/black plastic to remove the excess.

It looks and smells great!
        Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
        Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I'll swear by Murphy's Oil Soap and some warm water.

It actually cleans the surface, no shine at all...so it ends up looking like it just came from the showroom, and it leaves a great smell.
          I used to smoke in my car and even after a year straight of smoking in it, day in and day out, I would simply clean the interior plastics with Murphys and warm water and you couldnt smell the smoke anymore.

Youll have to dilute it to your personal liking.
          I was never very good at "1 part this, 2 parts that" kinda stuff.

I just kinda eyeball it and see what works.

Comment

I love Interior Dash FOAM. It smells very fresh and clean and doesn't leave any oily or greasy resdue, but give a nice satin finish.

Comment

It's true that different plastics react differently.

In the Echo, NXT leaves a great look.

In the Tercel, it's not as interesting : it makes the dash too glossy : it reflects in the windshield.

I will try Natural Shine next time, but I'm definitely staying with NXT for the Echo.

Another thing : NXT lasts very long, it's been there for months and still looks good.

Comment

Nxt Tech Protectant wasn't glossy? when i applyed it, it looked very glossy and kind of slick! I'll give it another try
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord

Comment

I don't like the static I get with the NXT. I love the way natural shine looks on my dash. It isn't greasy or shiney at all. I always get great results from it.

Comment

My my supple vinyl dash, Natural Shine looks great.

But I recently applied it to a harder (and older) vinyl/plastic dash, and it was way too glossy. Perhaps I should dilute it a little bit to lower the gloss if I'm using it on harder dashes.
                    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I have a mixture of hard plastics on the door bottoms and soft plastics on the tops of the doors and the dash. Slightly worried that either product will produce glossy results - especially on the harder plastics.

Comment

The main thing for to get lower/no gloss is to apply, let it sit for a couple minutes, then buff offf excess. Nxt would be quite glossy for me if I didnt buff it off.

Comment

do you use an applicator pad to apply or do you spray it directly on the dash?

i tried sprayed NXT onto a foam applicator and waited a few minutes and buffed with a MF and i still had gloss

BTW i think both protectants tend to attract dust
                          Patrick Yu
                          2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Well, I usualy will spray it onto a Target brand MF towel. I keep them around for the dirtier jobs like this.

I spray it on the towel ,wipe it around, then let it sit, wipe it off.

With it being a more entry level car with lots of plastic on the doors, I'll sometimes cheat and spray it right in the middle of the door and wipe around.

But I always spray on a cloth if near glass, like on dash board, stuff on rear deck, etc.

Comment

Hmm ill try spraying it onto a MF instead of the meguiars foam pads that i have (there yellow and round just like a hi-tech applicator pad but there not hi-tech applicators .. i think )
                              Patrick Yu
                              2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');