• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Protectant or Natural Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it could always just be your plastic/vinyl... might not want to go matte/satiny.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

To make deciding more complicated I have just noticed the "Quick Detailer Interior". Has anyone had any experience of this product - again as to how glossy this product becomes and easy of use etc...

Comment

I haven't tried QID ..because I 'am canadian but i think it does not offer as much protection as a protectant but it does offer more cleaning ability and a little bit of UV pretection
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by CELL
          I'll swear by Murphy's Oil Soap and some warm water.

It actually cleans the surface, no shine at all...so it ends up looking like it just came from the showroom, and it leaves a great smell.
          I used to smoke in my car and even after a year straight of smoking in it, day in and day out, I would simply clean the interior plastics with Murphys and warm water and you couldnt smell the smoke anymore.

Youll have to dilute it to your personal liking.
          I was never very good at "1 part this, 2 parts that" kinda stuff.

I just kinda eyeball it and see what works.
          isn't that stuff for wood? because I looking at an old bottle right now it says its for wood???

also using this stuff probably will not give you any U.V protection
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord

Comment

In the mid-90s, I spoke with several people at Eagle Ottawa, the company doing leather work for Cadillac. Customer Care at Meguiar's concurred.

Every one of them agreed that using such a product would, in fact, rob leather surfaces of essential oils, leaving it prone to cracking and fading. Obviously, this means no UV protection.

Another problem was that Murphy's would leave a soap residue unless rinsed so thoroughly that you were likely to soak the interior. This soap residue would accelerate the cracking and drying process.
            See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Murphy's Soap may clean well, but it certainly isnt going to leave any protection behind, so you would want to follow it up with something.

As far as the Quick Interior Detailer, it is best to think of it as a duster, not a protectant. It is very nice, leaves no gloss, just picks up the dust, fingerprints. I may use the Nxt Protectant once every two months, with 2 QID uses in between for maintenance.

Comment

I have just ordered the QID to try. I live in the UK so not much sun - not sure how much protection I will need . What I definately do not want is to change the appearance of the plastics - needs to look factory fresh - not all glossy. Will try the QID first - then maybe give the Natural Shine a go - maybe on something out of sight. Will let you know how I get on when it arrives.

Comment

i have a protectant on even though it seems like the sky is always grey
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Well, you dont want to think of 'changing the look' as a bad thing. It may well be an improvement. A protectant can make the grey plastic look much deeper and richer. It certainly has for me.

Now lots of gloss, and that fake Armor-All look, thats not so good.

Comment

oh ya I tired NXT with a MF on my rear door panels and it does make the plastic look glossy it also could have been because there is a coat of natual shine under neath so for now I'm going to stick with natural shine
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Yeah, gotta use what works best for your car.

Comment

Right now, I use both on my 2005 Mustang. The dash and center console use NXT Tech Protect, while the door panels, rocker panels and trunk panels use Natural Shine (which I had leftover from my previous car). Once the Natural Shine runs out, I'll be using NXT Tech Protect full-time.
                          2012 KIA PICANTO
                          Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
                          Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Protectant or Natural Shine

so is NXT not the same glosses as aromr all that drives me crazy..if its dimmer I might try some on camaro.

Comment

If you don't want a glossy dash, your safest bet would be to use "Quick Interior Detailer" I use this product on my Maxima's and Xterra's dashes and it gives them a nice matte shine, and the cool part is you can use it on any interior plastic, audio equipment, wood/aluminum trim and even leather. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it, if you want a matte, non-greasy finish that makes the dash look like the day you bought it!

P.S. I have used it to clean my leather shoes and even my laptop!
                              P.S.S. I use the NXT Protectant inside my fender wells and on parts of the undercarriage, it really makes them look good! I also use the natural shine for the rubber hoses and plastics inside the engine bay. Maybe I'm nuts or just CAR CRAZY!

Comment

I really like the NXT TP on my interior...I just wish there was a way to avoid the static. Natural Shine works well also. It's a tough call!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');