• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floor Mats and Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Mats and Dressing

I got some rubber floor mats way back for winter... Naturaly they look a little worse now. By the way, they are the Rubbermaid ones sold at Target, I would very highly recomend them for small/medium size cars. But I am thinking of keeping them in the rest of the year as well.

Anyway, the next time I clean them, I am wondering if it is good to dress them after. I got some All-Season Dressing, and am wondering how it would work. I dont want it to wear off on shoes, get tracked/rubbed around, etc. Or be too slippery to be safe. But if it stayed put, it might be nice?

Or pedals as well?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

you don't want to put anything on the pedals

if your foot slips off the brake when you try to stop.. just imagine what might happen.

I use dressing on the rubber truck mats, they look good, and after a day they are not as slippery.

So i imagine you would dress your floormats, then put them back in the car after a day.

As far as transfer to your shoes, it would be minimal after a day, unless your wearing white ones, then it may be a problem

Comment

Hey Murr,

I suggest just cleaning the matts thoroughly with Meg's APC. Allow the product to sit on the matt for a couple of minutes, scrub with a brush and then rinse.

Do not place any type of dressing on the matts. By the dressing's shear nature, when water is added to the mix, you will have a really dangerous situation as the matt and pedals will become extremely slippery.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Good thing I asked...

Thanks a lot guys
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          Hey Murr,

I suggest just cleaning the matts thoroughly with Meg's APC. Allow the product to sit on the matt for a couple of minutes, scrub with a brush and then rinse.

Do not place any type of dressing on the matts. By the dressing's shear nature, when water is added to the mix, you will have a really dangerous situation as the matt and pedals will become extremely slippery.

Tim
          I've done hundreds of rubber mats, box trucks and semi's

the mats do get slippery when wet, but not bad
          you still have stability
          maybe using hyper dressing since you can dilute it

but everyone agrees, dont touch the pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Five Star
            I've done hundreds of rubber mats, box trucks and semi's

the mats do get slippery when wet, but not bad
            you still have stability
            maybe using hyper dressing since you can dilute it

but everyone agrees, dont touch the pedals

I think I have done my share too. And... have found out the hard way. Next time you have a box liner with dressing on, spray some water on to it, I can assure you, you will slip badly. I have used probably 30 different dressings over the years from various manufacturers including Meg's, Pro Wax, 303, etc just to name a few. They all had the same result. When wet, they become slippery. Further, product transfer will happen.

If you Five Star wish to use a dressing on the floor mats of the vehicles you detail, that is up to you. But on Meguiar's Online, it will not be suggested nor advised to dress the floor mats as it can become a liability issue.

Thank you,
            Tim
            Meguiar's Super Moderator
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');