• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-static product for clear plastics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-static product for clear plastics?

For whatever reason the stock radio clear plastic piece (that displays station, clock...etc.) and other various clear plastic pieces inside my car tend to attract dust regularly. Its quite annoying.

When I clean the interior dash and panels with either NXT Tech Protect or Quik Interior, I usually wipe these clear plastics as well because they give a nice sheen to them. This may or may not be the problem. All I know is when I wipe these plastic pieces of the dust they will return immediately.

Any suggestions on combatting the static?

i don't know but a quick fix is apply protectant more often.
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

It appears the protectant is giving the static charge.

Comment

try mirror glaze plastic line, the anti static cleaner and polish and detailer.

Comment

Hey,

Wiping plastic will usually create a static charge, thereby causing it to attract dust particles in the air. I suggest that you use Meguiar's #10 Clear Plastic Polish (M-1008). This product, will help to prevent static build-up.

Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish

I hope this helps!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');