• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nEW TO THE gAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nEW TO THE gAME

ALLOW MYSELF TO INTRODUCE.....MY...SELF.
    I AM NEW TO THE FOURUM AS WELL AS TO THE ART/HOBBY/TRADE OF DETAILING. I HAVE AN 05 CHEVY MONTE CALRO (BLACK) WHICH I BOUGHT IN MARCH OF LAST YEAR. (PICTURES TO COME)
    IT IS A DAILY DRIVER BUT STAYS PARKED IN A GARAGE BOTH AT NIGHT AND DURING THE DAY WHILE AT WORK (PARKED BETWEEN 2 SUPPORT POSTS FAR FAR AWAY FROM OTHER LIFE FORMS AND THERE CAR DOORS).. ITS BLACK SO IT HAS SOME SWIRLS AND A FEW LIGHT SRATCHES HERE AND THERE BUT OVER-ALL IT'S IN GOOD SHAPE.. I AM FROM CLEVELAND WHERE THE SPORTS TEAMS ARE HORRID AND THE WINTERS ARE WORSE..SALT SALT SALT..I MANAGE TO KEE THE EXTERIOR CLEAN WITH FREQUIENT VISITS TO THE PRESSURE WASH (NO FOAM BRUSH THANK YOU) MY LAST FORMAL WASH WAS IN SEPT (I BELIEVE I WAXED IT TOO)..UP UNTILL THEN IT WAS JUST WASH AND WAX WITH GOLD CLASS AND THE OCASSIONAL SCRATCHX..(THOUGH, AFTER READING THE THREADS I FOUND OUT I WAS DOING IT COMPLETELY WRONG BY APPLYING ONLY ONE COAT AND LETING IT DRY LIKE A WAX)..NOW I AM READY FOR CLAY.. PAINT CLEANER..POLLISH ETC..
    ...I HAVE BEEN STALKING THE MEGUIARS SITE AS WELL AS THE BRAND SINCE I BOUGHT MY FIRST TIN OF GOLD CLASS PASTE LAST SPRING..AND HAVE ALOT OF QUESTIONS...MANY OF WHICH HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY...SO WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY MY FIRST QUESTION CONCERNS PAINT CHIPPING(S) FROM ROCKS ON THE HIGHWAY...I DRIVE ON THE FREE-WAY TOO AND FROM WORK SOMETIMES TWICE A DAY AND HAVE A FEW LITTLE CHIPS FROM SMALL ROCKS...NOTHING MAJOR....I BOUGHT A DUPLICOLOR TOUCH-UP PEN AND 2 IN 1 CLEAR COAT...

A HOW LONG AFTER THE TOUCH UP AND APPLICATION OF THE CLEAR COAT SHOULD I WAIT TO CLEAN .. CLAY.. SCRATCHX.. POLLISH ETC....

B ALSO WHAT ARE THE IDEA CONDITIONS (TEMP..TIME OF DAY..ETC) TO APPLY

C HOW LONG BEFORE I CAN DRIVE AFTER APPLYING THE CLEAR COAT..

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    BLACK 0 FYVE MONTE CARLO

A. Anyway, I have found that the cleaner/waxes will work in the high 40's.. But really need to be in the 50's for a full clean/polish/wax. The main thing is surface temperature. You can detail a black car in direct sunlight at noon this time of year. Dont even try it in July. The best thing to do is put your hand on the paint.. if it feels too hot or too cold for your hand to be 'comfortable', the products probably wont be either.

B. For a touch-up paint, like other fresh paint, you can clean/polish right away, butyou will want to avoid waxing for about 3 months. Now, I would still detail my car, just miss those little spots with wax.

C. The paint just needs to dry... shouldnt take too long, maybe an hour?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

lol....great way to say that....subtle, yet effective...
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Well, I cant take credit for it... I think its just a pic that has been used on here before.

Comment

Re: new TO THE gAME

Originally posted by FYVER

A HOW LONG AFTER THE TOUCH UP AND APPLICATION OF THE CLEAR COAT SHOULD I WAIT TO CLEAN .. CLAY.. SCRATCHX.. POLLISH ETC....
          Give the touch up paint time to dry and harden. If you rub on the touch up paint to soon you'll rub it right off.

B ALSO WHAT ARE THE IDEA CONDITIONS (TEMP..TIME OF DAY..ETC) TO APPLY
          Read this,

And then read everything is this forum...

C HOW LONG BEFORE I CAN DRIVE AFTER APPLYING THE CLEAR COAT..
          If you mean,

How long do you need to wait after applying the Gold Class Clear Coat Wax?

Just long enough to wipe it off...

Read this...

p.s.

When you type with all capital letters, the effect it has it that it looks like you're YELLING at us. We know you're not, but that's how it looks. Good etiquette, or actually, Netiquette, is to type with the CAPS Lock off and capitalize the first letter of the first word of each sentence like you would in normal written communications.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

They make clear coat in touch up bottles to use over touch up paint

Comment

Sorry about that, didnt mean to yell at all of ya... I'll remember to keep the caps-lock off in the future (nasty habit).. Thanks for the info and the threads though, I have read most of them already, its always good to go back and freshen up...Ill have more questions as the spring approaches..Some I'll write in and some I'll call the hotline for.... Till then, I'll be poppin everyday to read the lates threads..... while on company time

I know I came in and shouted at everyone but I was really hoping for a "Welcome to MOL" from Mike Phillips

Pics to Come
              BLACK 0 FYVE MONTE CARLO

Comment

Originally posted by FYVER

I know I came in and shouted at everyone but I was really hoping for a "Welcome to MOL" from Mike Phillips

Whoops!

Left that out of my first post... sorry about that... I'm usually pretty good about it...

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Keep asking away...

Comment

Deffinetely will, thanks again,,,and thanks for the welcome Mike!
                    BLACK 0 FYVE MONTE CARLO

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');